I know reading the title of this article may have already turned some away but hear me out (This tip is mainly for Black people traveling to Black countries). Travel prep can get overwhelming, not only having to make sure everything you need is packed for the duration of your trip, plus making sure all your at home and work responsibilities are covered, we can’t forget about making your time on vacation as effortless as possible. Planning out the right shoes, outfits, jewelry and of course your hairstyle is extremely important!
When traveling as a Black woman, I personally like to have my hair in braids which includes twists or locs. Normally I braid my own hair but to take one less thing off my plate before going on vacation, I like to get it done by someone else. So far I’ve been able to get my hair done in two countries, Senegal and Ghana. I’m encouraging others to do the same when you travel as this not only contributes to the economy in another way outside of tourism, it also helps that stylist build up their cliental, it’s usually a lot cheaper than in America and the experience is one you’ll never forget. Checkout the videos below of me getting my hair done Dakar, Senegal and Accra, Ghana. Make sure to leave a comment if you’ve done this before too!
Senegalese Twists In Dakar, Senegal
Braids In Accra, Ghana
READ MORE TRAVEL NEWS:
- DC Ranks 2nd In US Cities For Traffic Congestions
- La La Anthony Is Taking Lucky Travelers To La La Land
- Amazon To Offer $25 Domestic Flights For Prime Student Members
- Here’s How You Could Get A Free Lyft Ride In Maryland This Holiday Season
- 24/7 Speed Cameras To Be Installed At 21 New Locations In Bowie For Safer Driving
- The 5 Best Travel Accessories You Need When Vacationing With Kids
- Travel Tip: Wait Until You’re At Your Destination To Get Your Hair Done When Traveling Abroad
- 10 Misconceptions About The Continent of Africa
- Frontier Airlines Celebrates 29th Anniversary with Unbeatable $29 Flights!
- Environmental Groups File Motion To Block Toll Lanes On I-495 and I-270
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Content in Your Inbox:
Happy Birthday Bob Marley! See How His 11 Children Are Keeping His Legacy Alive
Rest In Power: Notable Black Folks Who We’ve Lost In 2024
Who Is Julius & Why Does The BeyHive Love Beyoncé’s Long Time Bodyguard?
The Huggy Lowndown Report: We Don't Want Them So Trump's Shoes Should Be Given To...
Bravo Fans React To Porsha Williams Filing For Divorce From Simon Guobadia After 15 Months Of Marriage
Who TF Did I Marry: You Won’t Believe This Georgia Woman’s 6-Hour Viral TikTok Story Of Betrayal
BREAKING: 3 Police Officers Shot In SE DC While Serving Animal Cruelty Warrant
Usher Shares Photos From His Wedding After His Super Bowl Performance