Five staff members of Prince George’s County’s Department of Parks and Recreation were honored with Lifesaving Awards on Wednesday evening by the Prince George’s County Fire Chief. They demonstrated remarkable courage and swift action when they rescued a 7-year-old who was drowning in a pool in Hyattsville, Maryland.
At a press conference held on Wednesday, accolades were bestowed upon Jalen DaSilva, Jordan Everhardt, and Caleb Guzman, all of whom were employed as lifeguards at Hamilton Splash Park at the time of the incident in June.
In a moment of crisis, when a child was retrieved from the water unconscious and not breathing, Jalen, Jordan, Caleb, and two other county employees leaped into action at the pool. They promptly initiated CPR on the child, as reported by Prince George’s County Fire and EMS Public Information Director Alan Doubleday.
With their combined efforts, including the use of an AED machine, the child began breathing again within a few minutes. Their quick and effective response undoubtedly saved a life that day.
source: The DMV Daily
- Cathy Hughes Founded Radio One On This Day In 1980
- Bowie, Maryland Named One Of The Best Places To Live In America
- Watch: ‘The Real Housewives Of Potomac’ Season 8 Trailer
- $6,000 Reward Offered For Information That Leads To An Arrest Of Man Wanted In The Murder Of Tech CEO Pava LaPere
- Artscape Cancled Satuday Due To Tropical Storm Ophelia
- Quavo Attends The 52nd Annual Legislative Conference To Address Gun Violence
- Erica Campbell Talks New Album “I Love You” With Cheryl Jackson At DC Album Release Party
- Manassas Business Owner Sentenced To 5 Years In Prison For $7M COVID Fraud Scheme
- Howard County Public School Changes Start Times Amid Issues With School Bus Services
- Join RADIO ONE & The American Cancer Society At The “MAKING STRIDES AGAINST BREAST CANCER WALK”
5 PG County Employees Awarded For Saving Drowning Child was originally published on woldcnews.com
Arrest Made In 1996 Unsolved Murder of Tupac Shakur
Krayzie Bone Update: Another Surgery Needed For Cleveland Legend
Anthony Anderson Ordered To Pay Ex-Wife $20K A Month In Spousal Support, Social Media Chimes In
Black Women Are The Most Ignored Race On Dating Sites
Be Careful When Shopping At Temu
The Streets Think Remy Ma Allegedly Cheated On Papoose With A Battle Rapper
The Russ Parr Morning Show
Nia Long Name Drops Ime Udoka’s Alleged Mistress & Slams Boston Celtics