As we move into a new year, we have a new opportunity to reflect upon our life by examining how our own behavior, attitudes and beliefs either served us or have set us up in this past year. We have the choice to filter the external nonsense or noise, eliminate deadweights who hold us down by their negativity, or realize our own power to choose joy or happiness.
How you ask? Well, first, find a quiet space and give yourself an hour. Grab a pen and paper. Write down every thing that is good in your life, what you have learned about yourself in the past year and three strengths that you have. When you are finished, put the paper in a visible place where you can see it. As the year progresses, add or subtract to your “ALL ABOUT YOU” list.
Here are some thoughts to get you started.
1) You are the most important person in your life. Act that way. Treat yourself with respect and caring.
2) Lose the guilt.
3) Invest in your physical health. Try to exercise on a regular basis, cut back or eliminate unhealthy behaviors. Feel good from the inside out.
4) Let go of the toxic, negative people in your life. Now!!
5) Embrace your worthiness. What has been done to you does not define who you are.
6) Forgive yourself first. Forgiving does not mean forgetting, but it really is okay to let things go. Some folks hold onto to pain, because they don’t want to be hurt again and it doesn’t help.
7) Keep your heart open. Search for and acknowledge good people, joyful experiences and positivity by staying in the moment, being self- aware and always being thankful.
Life is complicated. Our attitudes and level of self-worth does not have to be. Focus on what’s good within you. Love is there in full abundance.