Teachers in Loudoun County will receive raises as part of the district’s new operational budget in fiscal year 2024. The school board authorized a 6.9% increase over Fiscal Year 2023, which includes increased employee compensation, at their meeting.
Due to the lack of a definitive state budget, the approval occurred outside of the standard budget cycle. The budget proposals were based on the “best available information in an uncertain macroeconomic climate.”
The Loudoun County Board of Supervisors supported the budget, providing $16.3 million in extra funds to fill the gaps left at the state. When paired with previously awarded step increases, eligible LCPS employees will get a least 5% raise, with an overall average of 5.8%.
Additional elementary school counselors and staffing support for Title I schools, staffing enhancements to support English language learners, a new math intervention pilot program, and eliminating athletic fees for all students participating in Virginia High School League (VHSL) sports are also included in this budget.
source: The DMV Daily
- Health Officials Urging Families To Stay Vigilant Among Rise In Measles Cases Across The Country
- Morgan State University To Host HBCUniverse Summit This Weekend
- Maryland Lawmakers Weigh In On Bill That Limits Gender-Affirming Care For Minors
- Starbucks Reveals First Accessible Store In D.C.
- Unions Oppose Plan To Relocate Washington Wizards And Capitals To Potomac Yard
- Virginia Senate Considers Bill To Cover College Housing Costs For Foster Youth
- DC’s Daily Rider Bike Shop Burglarized For The 3rd Time
- Maryland Fisherman Shatters State Record With Massive Rainbow Trout Catch: ‘Feels Good’
- Drivers Registering Cars In Virginia To Avoid Insurance Cost In Their Home States
- Sticky Fingers To Close Due To Crime Surge On H Street
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Content in Your Inbox:
Rest In Power: Notable Black Folks Who We’ve Lost In 2024
Happy Birthday Bob Marley! See How His 11 Children Are Keeping His Legacy Alive
The Huggy Lowndown Report: We Don't Want Them So Trump's Shoes Should Be Given To...
Bravo Fans React To Porsha Williams Filing For Divorce From Simon Guobadia After 15 Months Of Marriage
Who TF Did I Marry: You Won’t Believe This Georgia Woman’s 6-Hour Viral TikTok Story Of Betrayal
A King Can Rest: Jam Master Jay Killers Have Finally Been Convicted After 22 Years
Love And R&B with Ralph Tresvant
Prayers Up: Wendy Williams Diagnosed With Dementia, Primary Progressive Aphasia