We all know Tina Lawson is probably one of the most supportive mothers out there. So it’s no surprise that she mixed being a cheerleader for her oldest child, Beyonce, and raise money for the non-profit gallery and performance complex WACO Theater Center that she co-chairs with her husband Richard Lawson.
How did she do this? The theme for the 3rd annual Wearable Arts Gala was “A Journey to the Pride Lands,” inspired by the movie The Lion King. If you didn’t know Beyonce is playing Nala in Disney’s reboot of The Lion King coming out in theaters nationwide July 19th.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
So of course, black Hollywood came out in the most royal threads as a nod to the motherland and The Lion King! Hitting the pink carpet this year was Blue Ivy Carter, Beyonce, Steve Harvey, Kelly Rowland, Michelle Williams, Tyler Perry, Holly Robinson Pete, and Tiffany Haddish to name a few.
Maxwell performed at the celebration this year and 7-year-old Blue Ivy Carter reportedly bid 11K diamond ring during the auction. Last year Blue bid 20K on a piece of art at last years auction, but she was promptly stopped by her father Jay-Z so she didn’t win. This years gala raised over 2 million to support the arts in L.A.
- Love Is Blind Now Casting In Washington, D.C. + 3 More Cities! [Apply Here]
- Matt Barnes Says Ime Udoka Situation Is ‘100 Times Uglier Than Any Of Us Thought’
- Sherri Shepherd Gets A Taste of DC with KitchenCray!
- Russ Parr Morning Show’s Daily Horrorscope For September 27th, 2022
- Hot Off The Wire With Georgia Alfredas: Mommies Fire Back
- I Hate The Homies Podcast ‘This Is Between Ime Udoka & Nia Long’ | Episode 19
- Mack Wilds Got Us Fit And Lit In NYC At Movement Live By Michelob ULTRA
- Zaki Baruti, Nkechi Taifa & AJ Woodson l The Carl Nelson Show
- Nia Long Finally Speaks Out About Ime Udoka’s Affair
- Prayers: ‘Basketball Wives’ Star Brooke Bailey’s Daughter, Kayla Bailey, Passes Away at 25
Black Hollywood Slays At The 2019 Wearable Art Gala was originally published on mycolumbuspower.com