CNN anchor Don Lemon revealed that he is gay in a new memoir. Lemon told the New York Times that him being in the news business and his professional obligation to be honest led him to bring his sexual orientation to light.
“It’s quite different for an African-American male,” he tweeted. “It’s about the worst thing you can be in black culture. You’re taught you have to be a man; you have to be masculine. In the black community they think you can pray the gay away.”
Hot on Mymajicdc.com
- UPDATE: First Black Plus Size Super Model Mia Amber Davis Dies After Knee Surgery
- Bobbi Kristina Caught In Drunken Gun Brawl
- Whitney’s Crack Problem Is Scaring Bobby!
- Our Top 9 Favorite Celebrity Prom Pics! [PHOTOS]
- Rihanna Replies To Fan’s “Nappy Hair” Tweet, “Because I’m Black B—-”
- Beyonce’s New Album Named After Her & Jay-Z’s Wedding Date
- 50 Cent To Jay-Z “We Don’t Have Those Kinds Of Relationships”
- Esther Baxter: “Joe Budden Killed Our Baby” [VIDEO]
- Shannon Brown Puts Pau Gasol Rumor To Rest
- Clifton Powell To Spike Lee “I’ll Beat Your Punk A**”