A senior dance planned for Saturday at Dunbar High School has been postponed due to a fight involving multiple Dunbar High School football players, as confirmed by a D.C. Public Schools spokesperson. The altercation occurred just outside the school’s entrance in Northwest on Thursday, October 26th, around dismissal time, despite the presence of security and staff.
The incident involved at least 11 students, with eight of them being Dunbar football players, including six from the varsity team. A concerned mother, whose 15-year-old son was attacked during the altercation, expressed her dismay, calling for changes in the school’s culture and the resignation of the high school’s athletics department head. Video footage depicted a violent assault with school security nearby, and a Dunbar High School dean was reportedly injured while attempting to intervene.
In response, DCPS Communications Chief Kera Tyler emphasized the expectation for student-athletes to exhibit character both on and off the field, stating that athletes found involved in the altercation were suspended from participating in the scheduled football game against Eastern High School. Despite the incident, it was noted that the majority of the varsity team members were not involved and were following appropriate behavior.
The concerned mother stressed the need for safety within the school and called for more proactive measures to ensure the well-being of all students.
source: The DMV Daily
- Keidi Awadu, Native American Chief Joesph Nightchase & Brother Obie l The Carl Nelson Show
- Here’s How You Could Get A Free Lyft Ride In Maryland This Holiday Season
- Washington Wizards Deni Avdija Disappointed In DC Sports Fan Culture But Has Hopes On Improvement
- Marilyn Mosby Found Guilty, Facing Decade In Prison
- 24/7 Speed Cameras To Be Installed At 21 New Locations In Bowie For Safer Driving
- Neely Fuller Jr., Jeff Gallop & Dr. Zina Pierre l The Carl Nelson Show
- Students At 8 D.C. Middle Schools Qualify For $22K College Scholarships
- Maryland Care Worker Sentenced For Leaving Man With Autism Alone in Stolen Van
- Washington Wizards Jordan Poole Denies That He Spent $500K On Date With Ice Spice
- Virginia Teen’s Cancer Treatment Soap Earns National Science Prize
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Content in Your Inbox:
Student Injured in Altercation At Dunbar High School Involving Football Team Members was originally published on kysdc.com
The Russ Parr Morning Show
Thanksgiving Mac & Cheese’s Most Viral Moments
Turkey Taboos: 10 Things You Should Never Do At Thanksgiving
Happy No Shave November To The Finest Bearded Celebrities
Baes & Baddies: Yani The Body Is Coming For The Curvy Crown
Bad, Bad Boy: Cassie Files Lawsuit On Diddy For Years Of Alleged Sexual And Physical Abuse
Poked In PC: Derek Chauvin Got Shanked In Prison, X Goes About Its Business
Marlon Wayans Talks Journey Of Accepting Transgender Son, Social Media Salutes