For the second time in three days, Montgomery County Police Department (MCPD) officers responded to a threat at Montgomery Blair High School. Just two minutes after the dismissal bells rang on Monday afternoon, the department issued an alert regarding an ongoing investigation into the validity of the threat targeting the school.
Authorities ensured the safety of students and faculty on the school premises by securing them in designated areas and subsequently sending them home. At one point, there was a notable police presence around the school building, with K-9 units actively searching for any potential evidence.
Approximately an hour after the commencement of the police investigation, around 4 p.m., it was determined that the threat was found to be “not valid.” This followed an incident on Friday morning when Blair’s Principal, Renay Johnson, reported a bomb threat, leading to the school being placed on lockdown.
On that same Friday, Johnson shared on X just before 7:15 a.m. that they had received the “all-clear directive from the police,” confirming that it was safe to re-enter the building. After ensuring the school’s security on Monday, Johnson subsequently communicated this development to the Blair High School community through a letter.
source: The DMV Daily
- FedEx Field Evacuated After Sunday’s Commanders vs. Dolphins Game
- Beware: Thieves Targeting Those Wearing Canada Goose Jackets In DC
- Wizards Friday Night Concert Series 2024 Schedule Revealed Featuring Hip-Hop & Local Greats!
- FBI Agent Was A Carjacking Victim In Washington, D.C., Highlighting Rising Crime Trend
- Chairman Fred Hampton, Overton Wilkins, Ella Parlor & Vicky Hayter l The Carl Nelson Show
- Virginia State University Makes History As The First HBCU In The Country Selected To Host A General Election Presidential Debate
- Several Students At Dunbar High School Hospitalized After Ingesting Unknown Substance
- Keidi Awadu, Native American Chief Joesph Nightchase & Brother Obie l The Carl Nelson Show
- Here’s How You Could Get A Free Lyft Ride In Maryland This Holiday Season
- Washington Wizards Deni Avdija Disappointed In DC Sports Fan Culture But Has Hopes On Improvement
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Content in Your Inbox:
Montgomery Blair High School Faces 2nd Bomb Threat Within 3 Days was originally published on woldcnews.com
Is Ashanti Pregnant? X Users Think Nelly Has ‘Sealed The Deal’
Ari Lennox Cussed Fan Out After Water Bottle Thrown During Show
The Russ Parr Morning Show
This Guy: Aaron Hall Song Lyrics That Haven’t Aged Well
WORLD AIDS DAY: Remembering Black Celebrities We Lost
Thanksgiving Mac & Cheese’s Most Viral Moments
Poked In PC: Derek Chauvin Got Shanked In Prison, X Goes About Its Business
Vic Jagger's 20th Radio Anniversary Celebration