Arlington has opened its Housing Choice Voucher Program waitlist for the first time since 2012. This program helps residents with rent costs. Eligible residents can apply online for a chance to join the 5,000-slot waitlist, with a ten-day application window ending on September 23. To qualify, applicants must be U.S. citizens or have eligible immigration status and meet income limits based on family size.
Arlington updates its housing voucher waitlist every 10 to 20 years as eligibility changes. Applying doesn’t guarantee a spot, as selection is by lottery, with some priority for homeless or displaced families.
The program allocates 75% of vouchers to “extremely low-income” individuals (around $32,000 for singles) and 25% to “very low-income” individuals (about $53,000 for singles).
Arlington faces affordable housing challenges due to single-family homes dominating the area. The “Missing Middle” housing reform plan, approved this year, aims to increase housing options by allowing townhouses, duplexes, and small buildings in historically single-family neighborhoods.
Supporters hope this initiative will address affordability concerns in the turbulent housing market. To apply for the voucher waitlist lottery, visit Arlington County’s official website or click the link in our story.
source: The DMV Daily
- FedEx Field Evacuated After Sunday’s Commanders vs. Dolphins Game
- Beware: Thieves Targeting Those Wearing Canada Goose Jackets In DC
- Wizards Friday Night Concert Series 2024 Schedule Revealed Featuring Hip-Hop & Local Greats!
- FBI Agent Was A Carjacking Victim In Washington, D.C., Highlighting Rising Crime Trend
- Chairman Fred Hampton, Overton Wilkins, Ella Parlor & Vicky Hayter l The Carl Nelson Show
- Virginia State University Makes History As The First HBCU In The Country Selected To Host A General Election Presidential Debate
- Several Students At Dunbar High School Hospitalized After Ingesting Unknown Substance
- Keidi Awadu, Native American Chief Joesph Nightchase & Brother Obie l The Carl Nelson Show
- Here’s How You Could Get A Free Lyft Ride In Maryland This Holiday Season
- Washington Wizards Deni Avdija Disappointed In DC Sports Fan Culture But Has Hopes On Improvement
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Content in Your Inbox:
Arlington County Reopens Housing Voucher Waitlist Lot After Over A Decade was originally published on woldcnews.com
Is Ashanti Pregnant? X Users Think Nelly Has ‘Sealed The Deal’
Ari Lennox Cussed Fan Out After Water Bottle Thrown During Show
This Guy: Aaron Hall Song Lyrics That Haven’t Aged Well
The Russ Parr Morning Show
WORLD AIDS DAY: Remembering Black Celebrities We Lost
Thanksgiving Mac & Cheese’s Most Viral Moments
Turkey Taboos: 10 Things You Should Never Do At Thanksgiving
Poked In PC: Derek Chauvin Got Shanked In Prison, X Goes About Its Business