Earlier this month, a passenger had an unexpected delivery on an Orange Line train. According to Metro officials, the baby boy arrived at about 1:40 p.m. on July 13. Workers who clean the trains found the woman in labor and alerted the station manager and emergency medical services.
At Thursday’s Metro board meeting, officials honored workers who helped deliver the child: rail car cleaners Thomas Adams, Latasha Bostic, and José Flores, and rail operations supervisor Mildred Wood.
Towels and personal protective equipment were gathered for the woman giving birth and those helping her. The baby was almost out by then, Bostic said. Mother and baby appeared to be fine before being taken away by a Prince George’s County ambulance.
All three workers said it was their most interesting day on the job. Flores had worked at Metro for 13 years, Bostic for 17 years, and Adams for 18 years. The last time a baby was born on the system was about a decade ago, according to news reports. A mother gave birth to her fourth child on the platform at L’Enfant Plaza.
At the time, Twitter users suggested naming the child after a Metro station, including L’Enfant, which is French for “the child.” Several people have gone into labor on Metro, but have not delivered their baby on board.
source: The DMV Daily
- Health Officials Urging Families To Stay Vigilant Among Rise In Measles Cases Across The Country
- Morgan State University To Host HBCUniverse Summit This Weekend
- Maryland Lawmakers Weigh In On Bill That Limits Gender-Affirming Care For Minors
- Starbucks Reveals First Accessible Store In D.C.
- Unions Oppose Plan To Relocate Washington Wizards And Capitals To Potomac Yard
- Virginia Senate Considers Bill To Cover College Housing Costs For Foster Youth
- DC’s Daily Rider Bike Shop Burglarized For The 3rd Time
- Maryland Fisherman Shatters State Record With Massive Rainbow Trout Catch: ‘Feels Good’
- Drivers Registering Cars In Virginia To Avoid Insurance Cost In Their Home States
- Sticky Fingers To Close Due To Crime Surge On H Street
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Content in Your Inbox:
Rest In Power: Notable Black Folks Who We’ve Lost In 2024
Happy Birthday Bob Marley! See How His 11 Children Are Keeping His Legacy Alive
The Huggy Lowndown Report: We Don't Want Them So Trump's Shoes Should Be Given To...
Bravo Fans React To Porsha Williams Filing For Divorce From Simon Guobadia After 15 Months Of Marriage
Who TF Did I Marry: You Won’t Believe This Georgia Woman’s 6-Hour Viral TikTok Story Of Betrayal
A King Can Rest: Jam Master Jay Killers Have Finally Been Convicted After 22 Years
Love And R&B with Ralph Tresvant
28 Pictures Of Rihanna’s Perfect Boobs (PHOTOS)