Superbowl LVI may go down in history as one of the best games and the most epic for performances. Black star power was in full force with major celebrities like Mary Mary, Jhene Aiko, Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, 50 Cent, Mary J. Blige, Kendrick Lamar, Mickey Guyton and more all taking the stage. And not only did they put on great performances but many made major fashion statements while giving the performance of a lifetime.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Country superstar Mickey Guyton sang the national anthem wearing American designer Sergio Hudson. You may not know Hudson by name but we are sure you’ve seen his fashions on Michelle Obama, Kamala Harris, J.Lo, and now Mickey Guyton. Guyton wore a stunning cobalt blue gown with exaggerated shoulders and a belt pinching her waist.
Queen of hip hop soul Mary J. Blige took the stage during halftime and sang two of her hits wearing a custom look from Peter Dundas. The white two piece look had irreverent sequin that was in the pattern of leopard print. And of course Mary had on her signature thigh high boots to complete the look. Dundas is not stranger to dressing the top stars and has been known to dress the likes of Beyonce, Ciara, Reese Witherspoon, Rita Ora and more.
Compton native Kendrick Lamar also took the stage at half-time performing in a militant look designed by the late great Virgil Abloh. The look is part of Abloh’s final collection for Louis Vuitton FW22 that was released just after his death in 2021. Along with the suit Kendrick wore accessories from Tiffany and Co.
- Darlene McCoy and Jonathan McReynolds Talk Saving Lives with St. Jude
- Welcome To Beyoncé’s Era Of The Mullet
- Washington State Finally Bans Police Hog-Tying Four Years After Manuel ‘Manny’ Ellis’ Death
- The Morning Buzz: Guilty Verdict Reached In Murder of Jam Master Jay, Diddy Denies Recent Allegations + More
- Politickin’ With Michelle D. Bernard
- Richard Lewis Passes Away at 76
- The Morning Buzz: Madonna Removes Luther Vandross’ Photo From Tour AIDs Tribute + More
- Congratulations! Gabourey Sidibe Is Expecting Twins
- The Morning Buzz: Don Lemon and CNN Reach A Deal, Diddy Sued Again & Yo Gotti Gives Credit Where Credit Is Due
- The Huggy Lowndown Report: PSA For Black History Month Haters
Superbowl LVI Style: Mary J. Blige, Kendrick Lamar, and Mickey Guyton was originally published on mycolumbuspower.com
Rest In Power: Notable Black Folks Who We’ve Lost In 2024
Happy Birthday Bob Marley! See How His 11 Children Are Keeping His Legacy Alive
The Huggy Lowndown Report: We Don't Want Them So Trump's Shoes Should Be Given To...
Bravo Fans React To Porsha Williams Filing For Divorce From Simon Guobadia After 15 Months Of Marriage
Who TF Did I Marry: You Won’t Believe This Georgia Woman’s 6-Hour Viral TikTok Story Of Betrayal
A King Can Rest: Jam Master Jay Killers Have Finally Been Convicted After 22 Years
Love And R&B with Ralph Tresvant
Prayers Up: Wendy Williams Diagnosed With Dementia, Primary Progressive Aphasia