Veterans Day would have been an appropriate time for President Donald Trump to end his insane feud with Johnson, the widow of Sgt. La David Johnson. Instead, he spent the day tweeting about Russia, China and North Korea. He was silent about the biggest news of the day: new details about Johnson’s death.
Sharpton was the keynote speaker at the service. He criticized the president for his attacks on Wilson, who revealed Trump’s insensitivity toward Johnson in his condolence call, telling the widow that her husband knew what he signed up for by joining the Army. Trump accused Wilson of lying, but Johnson confirmed the president’s callousness.
“To act like she (Wilson) did something wrong, to stand up for a soldier killed in the line of duty … I can’t understand how we can even rationalize that,” Sharpton told the congregation, according to the Washington Examiner.
Wilson urged the congregation and Miami community to give the fallen soldier’s family “our love and support.”
Meanwhile, Johnson awaits the results of an official investigation of her husband’s death in an ambush on Oct. 4 in Niger. Villagers reported what the military has known: that Johnson was bound and apparently executed by Islamist militants.
Trump knew, or should have known, the circumstances of the soldier’s death when he made his condolence call. This reveals the depth of his lack of empathy—not only when he called but now that the rest of the world also knows how the Johnson died. A White gold star widow, whose husband served with Johnson, said she received a “gracious” message from the president. Myeshia Johnson deserves the same.
In Honor Of President's Day, Here Are Photos That Will Make You Miss Barack Obama
1. Barack Gives Daughter Malia a KissSource:Getty 1 of 14
2. Michelle and Barack tell the kids a storySource:Getty 2 of 14
3. Michelle and Barack KissSource:Getty 3 of 14
4. Michelle and BarackSource:Getty 4 of 14
5. Two TermsSource:Getty 5 of 14
6. Michelle and Barack Host a State DinnerSource:Getty 6 of 14
7. Barack Obama and Michelle ObamaSource:Getty 7 of 14
8. Flashback To The Old DaysSource:Pete Souza 8 of 14
9. Candidly AwesomeSource:Pete Souza 9 of 14
10. TV TimeSource:Pete Souza 10 of 14
11. Reading TimeSource:Pete Souza 11 of 14
12. Supporting MomSource:Pete Souza 12 of 14
13. 50th Anniversary Of March On SelmaSource:Pete Souza 13 of 14
14.14 of 14
Trump’s Silence On Details Of Sgt. La. David Johnson’s Death Speaks Volumes was originally published on newsone.com