Majic 102.3/92.7 Featured Video
CLOSE
Donnie Simpson header logo

Source: Creative Services / InteractiveOne

 

They thought they were eating the popular “pop rocks” candy, but instead two Indianapolis students learned their candy was contaminated with cocaine, landing one of them in the emergency room.

 

Fox 59 reported , Yolanda Washington, whose son is in the seventh grade said, “My son was like unresponsive to me, weak in the legs, he couldn’t walk. His legs were hurting. He told me he couldn’t breathe. I freaked out. I immediately told the school to call the ambulance.”

The other student’s mother, Cathy Glass, said her son’s mouth was numb for more than 30 minutes and he got dizzy. This is just one more tradition of giving out candy at school that parents today have to wonder if it’s worth costs.