ATLANTA (AP) — The husband of a “Real Housewives of Atlanta” star has been sentenced to eight years in prison after pleading guilty to federal fraud charges.
Federal prosecutors said Tuesday that 35-year-old Apollo Nida was also ordered to pay restitution to victims of a $2.3 million scheme during his sentencing hearing in U.S. District Court in Atlanta. Nida is the husband of Phaedra Parks, one of the reality show’s stars. He pleaded guilty May 6 to conspiring to commit mail, wire and bank fraud.
Prosecutors say Nida and co-conspirators since 2009 had stolen checks and used victims’ stolen identities to file fraudulent tax returns and fraudulent claims against the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. Authorities say the group laundered money by opening bank accounts in its victims’ names.
Celebrities Whose Reality Got Too Real
1. Tiny and TI1 of 12
2. Kelly Price2 of 12
3. Kenya Moore3 of 12
4. Chad JohnsonSource: 4 of 12
5. Russell ArmstrongSource: 5 of 12
6. Lamar OdomSource: 6 of 12
7. Jon & Kate GoslinSource: 7 of 12
8. Anna Nicole SmithSource: 8 of 12
9. Kris HumphriesSource: 9 of 12
10. Bobby BorwnSource: 10 of 12
11. Nadya SulemanSource: 11 of 12
12. Kanye WestSource: 12 of 12
Apollo Nida Sentenced to Eight Years for ID Theft, Bank Fraud was originally published on blackamericaweb.com