There has been much controversy surrounding the negative comments about sixteen-year old Olympic gold medalist Gabby Douglas’ hair. Through this controversy, there has been one question that is being asked: why does her hair matter?
As the “Flying Squirrel” flipped through the air performing flawlessly executed routines, this young lady made history and inspired those who watch her. Jasmine Waiters, a fan of Gabby’s, made an moving poem to display her disdain for those who criticized Gabby for her hair. The poem is appropriately entitled “Ponytail.” Watch the video of Jasmine reciting her poem below.
- Community Day at Victory Christian Ministries International
- Artur Davis, Who backed Obama in 2008, To Speak At GOP Convention
- A Well Known Charter School Comes to D.C.
- Gabby Douglas, U.S. Women’s Gymnastics Team Visit NYC
- Nina Simone Movie Changes: Mary J. Blige Out – Zoe Saldana In