From New York Daily News:
A group of fed up attorneys and activists have rewritten America’s sacred Declaration of Independence — with President Trump in the role of King George III.
Borrowing language and a tone of defiance from the iconic document, the new authors accuse Trump of undermining America’s core ideals, and are throwing down the gauntlet with a public call to rise up in protest. “When the President implements and/or advocates policies and practices inconsistent with the Constitution, the rule of law, and fundamental American values, it is incumbent upon the People to speak out and to take action, individually and collectively, to oppose, challenge and resist, where necessary and appropriate,” the document says.
…More than 100 activists, authors, workers and academics have signed their John Hancocks, lending their support to the creative call for action.
The activists’ move follows a protest against Trump during a GOP town hall in Virginia this week, reports Time.
20 Pics Of Celebrities Protesting (PHOTOS)
1. Kanye West joined Russell Simmons for the Occupy Wall Street protests.1 of 19
2. Jay Z and the Brooklyn Nets stand in solidarity with Eric Garner.2 of 19
3. Dave Chappelle posed with his hands up for Mike Brown on the red carpet.3 of 19
4. J. Cole joined the protests in Ferguson after Mike Brown’s death.4 of 19
5. Q-Tip joined the Mike Brown protests in New York.5 of 19
6. Beyonce and Jay Z supported Trayvon Martin’s parents after his death.6 of 19
7. Russell Brand joined the Occupy Wall Street protests.7 of 19
8. Not only did Lupe Fiasco join the OWS protest, but he named a song after it.8 of 19
9. Mark Ruffalo joined the human climate campaign.9 of 19
10. Russell Simmons was joined by Katy Perry and Russell Brand during OWS.10 of 19
11. Jay Leno protested the Brunei Hotels in Beverly Hills.11 of 19
12. Susan Sarandon joined OWS protests.12 of 19
13. Al Sharpton always gets his voice out to the masses during times of protest.13 of 19
14. Rev Run, Minister Benjamin Chavez Muhammad, and Alicia Keys at the Mobilization for Education Hip-Hop Summit Action Network’s protest of Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s proposed education budget cuts.14 of 19
15. Anne Hathaway protested at Union Square for the Occupy Wall Street campaign with her boyfriend Adam Shulman.15 of 19
16. Actor Sean Penn and Reverend Jesse Jackson marched with activists during an anti-war rally.16 of 19
17. Spokesperson Hayden Panettiere at a conference for her Save the Whales campaign.17 of 19
18. John Lennon and Yoko Ono staged a ‘bed-in for peace’ and intended to stay in bed for seven days as a protest against war and violence in the world.18 of 19
19. Chris Brown, Wale, Nelly and a few more celebs posed with their hands up in support of Mike Brown.19 of 19
Activists Write Their Version Of Declaration Of Independence was originally published on newsone.com