“I don’t know how I feel about New Year’s resolutions. Everyone says they want to work out more, and then you go hard for a week and all of a sudden it’s back to normal. I don’t want to put that much more pressure on myself. I’ll focus on improving myself as a person.”
Agreed Mrs. Anthony! We start our strong and fade to black within 30 days. So, how do we do it? How do we stick to our goals? Here are 7 suggestions to help you.
- Think. Think about the challenges you had in 2016. What would you like to see different? What would like to change? Knowing them will help you to overcome them in 2017.
- Write. That’s right, write! My favorite book says “write the vision and make it plain…” Habakkuk 2:2(NJKV). Writing down your thoughts keeps it real. Put the list in a calendar, journal, notes document or even take a picture of the list for quick reference. Cross them off as you knock them out, you’ll like that!
- Speak. Go through the list and read them out loud. Here again, my favorite book “ calleth those things which be not as though they were.” Romans 4:17 (AKJV). Just say it.
- Honest. Be honest with yourself. If you want to exercise to lose weight, be honest with yourself and what you can commit to. Can you really work out 5 days a week or is 2/3 days a week better for your schedule? Honesty will help keep those unnecessary pressures off of you.
- Faith. You are welcome to go at it alone; however it may work better with a little help from a “mustard seed” friend called Faith! Pray about it and believe you can accomplish your goals.
- Friends. Squad up! Get the friends and family involved. You know there is nothing like pesky people to keep you on track. But we love them :)
- Love. Love thyself! Listen, if you mess up its OK. Be kind to yourself, forgive yourself and keep it moving!
Jonathan Majors Video Evidence, ‘Woman Recanting’ Assault Claim Will Clear Actor Of Charges, Lawyer Says
Congrats! Tamar Braxton Is Engaged!
Willis Reed, New York Knicks Legend, Dies at 80
Lori Harvey & Damson Idris Allegedly Split, Failed Relationships Twitter Reacts
Larsa Pippen Says She and Ex-Scottie Had Sex ‘4 Times a Night for 23 Years’
Okay, Let’s Talk About THAT Chloe Bailey/Damson Idris Scene In SWARM
Eva Marcille Granted Full Custody Of Daughter After Alleged Physical Altercation With Kevin McCall
The Russ Parr Morning Show