Justin Bieber is no stranger to winning awards of every caliber, but the young superstar revealed that he “doesn’t feel good” before the show ceremonies…or after them.
Following the Billboard Awards on Sunday, the Biebs took to Instagram to post a very sentimental message with an equally maudlin photo.
“I don’t know about these awards shows. No disrespect to anybody at any of the shows or the people running it. Nothing but love for you guys and your support. But I don’t feel good when I’m there nor after,” he wrote underneath a photo of sheep.
The singer, who took to the stage on Sunday to perform his hit single “Sorry,” added that the events usually end up feeling like one giant critique and rating of his work, instead of feeling like a celebration of the music.
Bieber’s idea that “we all get caught up in the approval of others” comes as a surprise, considering he took home the award for “Top Male Artist” and “Top Social Media Artist” at the BBMAs on Sunday.
PHOTO CREDIT: Instagram, Getty
RED CARPET RECAP: The 2016 Billboard Music Awards
1. Ciara served up seven wardrobe changes as the night's hostess, but our favorite has to be this barely-there dress she wore on the carpet.Source:Getty 1 of 21
2. Britney Spears left little to the imagination in a lacy, sheer ensemble that put her underwear on full display.Source:Getty 2 of 21
3. Keke Palmer's pedicure caught heat on social media, but she filled out the red latex quite nicely on the carpet.Source:Getty 3 of 21
4. Snapchat king DJ Khaled suited up in all black.Source:Getty 4 of 21
5. Wiz Khalifa kept it casual, per usual.Source:Getty 5 of 21
6. Before shutting down the stage, Rihanna arrived in a short frock and patterned heels.Source:Getty 6 of 21
7. Ariana Grande nearly took a not-so-gracious fall in her gown.Source:Getty 7 of 21
8. How stunning is Priyanka Chopra?Source:Getty 8 of 21
9. Demi Lovato worked an all-black pantsuit.Source:Getty 9 of 21
10. Zendaya can do no wrong. She wore Fausto Puglisi separates in the perfect summer tone.Source:Getty 10 of 21
11. Laverne Cox arrived wearing Michael Costello.Source:Getty 11 of 21
12. Kelly Rowland offered major goddess vibes and we're here for it.Source:Getty 12 of 21
13. Chris Tucker walked hand-in-hand with his gorgeous date.Source:Getty 13 of 21
14. Kesha went the menswear route and paired the look with heels.Source:Getty 14 of 21
15. Are you feeling Seal's yellow shoes?Source:Getty 15 of 21
16. One of the night's hosts, Ludacris, walked the carpet with wife, Eudoxie.Source:Getty 16 of 21
17. Ty Dolla $ign wore a checkered button-up and dark sunglasses.Source:Getty 17 of 21
18. Nick Jonas's 'fit was simple and suave.Source:Getty 18 of 21
19. We see you, Jessica!Source:Getty 19 of 21
20. Michael Strahan appeared to be unfazed by the drama surrounding his departure from LIVE! with Kelly.Source:Getty 20 of 21
21. Ashton Kutcher stepped out for the evening's festivities as well.Source:Getty 21 of 21
Justin Bieber Has a Serious Issue With Award Shows was originally published on globalgrind.com