Mission: Impossible fans piled into NYC’s Times Square on July 27th just to get a quick look at their favorite Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation stars. The newest film of the action-packed series follows Ethan (Tom Cruise) and his team as he attempts to eradicate the Syndicate – a network of highly skilled operatives trying to establish a new world order via a series of escalating terrorist attacks.
The crowd went absolutely nuts as they watched some of their favorite Hollywood hunks arrive at the event. Star of The Hurt Locker and American Hustle Jeremy Renner led the way, posing with fans for several selfies and signing what must’ve been hundreds of MI movie posters. Notable celebs to follow included Alec Baldwin, Simon Pegg, and Cruise’s drop-dead gorgeous right-hand woman Rebecca Ferguson.
Considering we saw the movie before the event, we knew all about the plot. We knew Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation was a badass action movie with a hilarious cast and some absolutely killer stunts. So instead of asking questions about MI, we decided to get personal with those involved in the film.
Here are a couple of our favorite answers to our unusual question.
From Director Christopher McQuarrie:
GlobalGrind: Do you have any of your own personal “Mission: Impossibles?”
CM: Yes, giving up my cell phone.
Texting, phone calls, emails?
Just the whole thing, to get a break for a little while.
America Olivo, who plays “Turandot:”
Do you have any of your own personal “Mission: Impossibles?”
For me, it’s always been to be athletic, because I’m really not and I would love to actually be able to do my own stunts and do what the stunt people do when I’m an actress in a film. I’ve been trained by Zoe Bell and wonderful, amazing, strong women who are so adventurous and I just want to be able to do what they do and not have to ask for a tapping out, step in, and have Zoe replace me. So, that would be my “Mission Impossible.”
How was it watching Tom Cruise do his own stunts, is that motivation for you?
Yes, to be the kind of actor that could do that, handle that, and be that physical, would be amazing.
Props to both celebs for two very solid, very honest answers. Now…ask yourself, what’s your “Mission: Impossible?” In the meantime, see the film in theaters now.
PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
Stars Bring The Sexy To The "Magic Mike XXL" Premiere
1. Amber Heard hit the carpet looking stunning in purple.Source:Getty 1 of 13
2. Elizabeth Banks shimmered in this black and yellow dress.Source:Getty 2 of 13
3. Garcelle Beauvais was white hot!Source:Getty 3 of 13
4. Adam Rodriguez looked handsome in a classic grey tux.Source:Getty 4 of 13
5. Samantha Hoopes looked amazing in this sheer number.Source:Getty 5 of 13
6. Matt Bomer kept it classy.Source:Getty 6 of 13
7. Love birds Sofia Vergara and Joe Manganiello got kissy on the carpet.Source:Getty 7 of 13
8. The men of "Magic Mike XXL."Source:Getty 8 of 13
9. Channing Tatum and his gorgeous wife Jenna Dewan-Tatum are picture perfect.Source:Getty 9 of 13
10. Adam Rodriguez brought a date to the premiere.Source:Getty 10 of 13
11. Jada Pinkett-Smith never disappoints.Source:Getty 11 of 13
12. Hey Donald Glover!Source:Getty 12 of 13
13. Stephen "Twitch" Boss and wife dancer Allison Holker were all smiles on the carpet.Source:Getty 13 of 13
Stars Reveal Their Own “Mission: Impossible” At “Rogue Nation” Premiere In NYC was originally published on globalgrind.com