Home sweet home. We all invest in protecting our belongings from purchasing insurance to installing home security systems. But there are easy things that we sometimes forget to do to keep our belongings and loved ones safe from harm. Here are a few tips:
1. Changing smoke and carbon monoxide detector batteries regularly: When you hear the warning beep, don’t ignore it. Replace the batteries as soon as possible.
2. Create an escape plan and have regular family fire drills. Be prepared.
3. Unplug electric blankets and heaters when not in use. Fires resulting from heaters are common in the winter so remember to disconnect them before retiring.
4. Store flammable liquids, such as gas for the lawnmower, cans of paint and charcoal lighter fluid in proper containers.
5. Invest in fire extinguishers. Keep one in the kitchen and on the second level of your home.
For more tips and money-saving coupons, go to www.pgeveryday.com.
A Safe House: 5 Easy Ways to Keep Your Family Out of Danger was originally published on blackamericaweb.com
Happy Birthday Bob Marley! See How His 11 Children Are Keeping His Legacy Alive
Rest In Power: Notable Black Folks Who We’ve Lost In 2024
Who Is Julius & Why Does The BeyHive Love Beyoncé’s Long Time Bodyguard?
The Huggy Lowndown Report: We Don't Want Them So Trump's Shoes Should Be Given To...
Bravo Fans React To Porsha Williams Filing For Divorce From Simon Guobadia After 15 Months Of Marriage
Who TF Did I Marry: You Won’t Believe This Georgia Woman’s 6-Hour Viral TikTok Story Of Betrayal
Usher Shares Photos From His Wedding After His Super Bowl Performance
Love And R&B with Ralph Tresvant