The Winter is making a big statement all across the U.S. this holiday season. Heavy winds, cold flurries and a lot of snow have ushered into many cities and made a grand entrance. Bundling up and keeping warm is the best way to survive this season. Who likes to be cold anyway?
Care2.com unfolds 7 ways to keep warm this season. It looks and feels like its going to be a cold and brutal one. Check them out and see if you can use them.
1. Before thinking about the clothes, realize that food supplies heat to the body; the clothes provide protection so that it isn’t wasted. Make sure you eat a good meal before spending an extended amount of time outdoors in winter.
2. Several light, comfortably fitted layers are preferable to a single heavy layer. Generally an outer, mid, and under layer suffice.
3. Underlayer. Two-ply long johns and undershirts, (cotton on the inside for comfort, wool on the outside for warmth, are warmer than thermal-knit underwear. Two pairs of socks–a thin pair of cotton socks beneath a heavier wool pair–are warmer and more comfortable than a single thick pair.
4. Midlayer. For warmth and ventilation, wear a tightly woven wool shirt that opens down the front and a quilted jacket over it that also opens in the front. Pants should be of tightly woven wool, cuffless, with plenty of room in the seat and legs, and flaps over the pockets to help keep snow out. For added ventilation use suspenders rather than a belt. A woolen stocking hat or mask-like hat will greatly reduce loss of heat from the head.
5. Outer layer. The main job of the outermost layer is to protect against wind, rain and snow. A parka that covers the hips and has a hood with a full-length zipper is best. If you’re planning on going above the timberline or along windswept ridges, you’ll need a windproof face mask. Down pants, mittens and booties are fine around camp, but are too warm for the trail. Two-piece mittens–a wool liner and a nylon outer shell with a leather palm–are better than gloves.
Sounds good? Click here for #6 & #7 and entire article
Winter Solstice Lunar Eclipse: Balance Your Ying and Yang (VIDEO)
Iconic Singer Tina Turner Dead at 83
Nick Cannon Mixes Up Baby Mom’s Gifts on Mother’s Day: ‘I Tried My Best’
Eva Marcille Granted Full Custody Of Daughter After Alleged Physical Altercation With Kevin McCall
The Russ Parr Morning Show
Cleveland Browns Legend Jim Brown Has Passed Away
Tina Turner Photos Through The Years: A Legacy Never Forgotten
The Best Dressed At ‘Wakanda Meets Coming To America Night’ On The Tom Joyner Foundation Fantastic Voyage
Black Male Comedians & Actors That Have Worn Dresses