While El Debarge was in Houston for the “Back To Me” tour with Fantasia, he got a second chance at being a father when he was introduced to his daughter for the first time after 15 years.
Blogger Joy Sewing at 29-95.com captured this moment with the singer at a recent in-store at Serious Sounds Record in Houston:
(For 22 years), DeBarge lived on and off the streets of Los Angeles using drugs . He led an equally turbulent personal life, in which he allegedly fathered some 10 children with six women.
His 16-year-old daughter, Kendall, is seated nearby for the interview. (Her mother was married to DeBarge in the 90’s, and they have a son, Josh.)
“When my daughter was born, I held her in my arms and I haven’t seen her since,” DeBarge said. “This is the first time I’ve seen her in 15 years. This is an awesome moment.”
Kendall is honing her own talent as a singer, pianist and actress. She also talked about her new jewelry line, Kendallicious Kreations.
“We’ve kept up somewhat of a relationship, so I do feel like I know him,” Kendall said. “Although this is the first time we’ve physically met, I do feel a connect. He’s my dad. ”
Hot on MYMAJICDC.com
- Washington Washington Football Team Suspend Albert Haynesworth For The Rest of The Season [BREAKING NEWS]
- Chuck Brown’s “Last Dash for Cash” w/ Jill Scott [EVENT PICS]
- Chuck Brown Gets First Grammy Nod For The First Time Ever
- Newlywed Stabs Husband 7 Times Over Remote
- Celebs Get Glam For 2010 Kennedy Center Honors [PHOTOS]
- 15-Year Old Found Guilty Of 1st Degree Murder In Killing Of Derrion Albert
- The Best Male Bashing Anthems Ever Created
- How Randy Pausch Used Pancreatic Cancer To Inspire Others
- Keyshia Cole “Tired Of Doing Me” (Ft. Tank) [Snippet]
- 15 Stocking Stuffers Under $15