Police say Franklin went missing sometime Friday after spending Thanksgiving with her father in the District. She was heading home to Prince George’s County when she disappeared.
FOX 5 has been told Franklin lived with her mother and step-father in a townhouse community in Capitol Heights. Neighbors say the teenager was a nice girl and dedicated student.
“I just saw her every morning going to school,” neighbor Earnice Cox said. “It’s sad. It’s very sad. It’s weighing heavily on my heart to know that that could happen to a young lady.
Police sources tell FOX 5 Franklin was stabbed repeatedly before the killer stuffed her body into a trash bin in an alley between Euclid and Fairmont Streets in northwest D.C.
Sources say Franklin’s mother tried to file a missing persons report with D.C. Police, but was instead referred to Prince George’s County, which took the report Saturday night.
D.C. Police are heading up the murder investigation. They are not saying whether they believe Franklin knew her killer or if detectives have any leads on suspects.
More hot stories:
- Teen’s Body Found In Trash Can
- Is “Real Housewives Of Atlanta” Sheree About To Be Evicted AGAIN?
- 4 Biggest Mistakes Men Make In Bed
- 2010 Soul Train Music Awards [PERFORMANCES]
- “The Game’s” Pooch Hall Takes It Off For Kontrol Magazine [PHOTOS]
- Is NeNe & Greg Leakes’ Marriage Really Over?
- Obamas Attend Howard University Basketball Game
- Halle, Taraji & Garcelle Hit Up The “Frankie & Alice” L.A. Premiere [PHOTOS]
- LisaRaye’s Daughter’s Apple Bottoms Photo Shoot [BEHIND THE SCENES]
- Beyonce Makes Modeling Debut Alongside Liya Kebede For Tom Ford [PHOTOS]