2011 marked the year of the deaths of many influential African-American icons. From Joe Frazier, the man that handed Muhammad Ali his first defeat to M Bone one of the young men who showed us how to “Dougie”. There was also Mia Amber Davis, a woman that helped make the curvacious look hip and Wangari Maathai, the first African woman to win a Nobel Prize. We gained so much in 2011 and now is the time to remember those that we lost this year. Young or old all of these icons will surely have one thing on common: they will all remain unforgettable.
- Radio One Founder Cathy Hughes Honored By The Living Legends Foundation
- Summer Spirit Festival 2014
- 15 Dishes That Will Warm Your Belly And Restore Feeling To Your Extremities
- 50 Books Every Black Teen Should Read
- Find Out What Ridiculous Food Holiday Falls On Your Birthday
- 10 Ways Women Can Live Forever (Almost)