Lena Waithe and wife Alana Mayo have called it quits after only 2 months of marriage.
“After careful thought and consideration, we have decided to part ways,” they said in a statement to People Magazine. “We have nothing but support for one another and ask that you respect our privacy during this time.”
The pair were together for 3 years before secretly getting married in August 2019 in San Francisco. But, their relationship reportedly had been on the rocks for a while.
An insider tells Love B Scott, Lena cheated on Alana several times. The Hollywood heavyweight allegedly went along with the marriage to placate her soon-to-be ex-wife and save their relationship.
The source says Lena’s cheating continued even after tying the knot with Alana, spending money on designer gifts for other women.
Girl Crush: Lena Waithe’s Snackiest Moments On The Red Carpet
1. NBC's "76th Annual Golden Globe Awards" - Red Carpet ArrivalsSource:Getty 1 of 13
2. 76th Annual Golden Globe Awards - ArrivalsSource:Getty 2 of 13
3. Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen - Season 16Source:Getty 3 of 13
4. MIDNIGHT MACRO Party Hosted by MACRO's Charles D. KinSource:Getty 4 of 13
5. 30th Annual GLAAD Media Awards Los Angeles - InsideSource:Getty 5 of 13
6. 50th NAACP Image Awards Non-Televised Dinner - ArrivalsSource:Getty 6 of 13
7. 50th NAACP Image Awards - Red CarpetSource:Getty 7 of 13
8. Film Independent Presents Showtime Screening Series - "The Chi"Source:Getty 8 of 13
9. US-ENTERTAINMENT-FILM-CINEMACON-UNIVERSALSource:Getty 9 of 13
10. For Your Consideration For Showtime's "The Chi"Source:Getty 10 of 13
11. For Your Consideration For Showtime's "The Chi"Source:Getty 11 of 13
12. Tribeca Film Festival After-Party For "The Weekend" Hosted By Ciroc At Up & DownSource:Getty 12 of 13
13. The 2019 Met Gala Celebrating Camp: Notes On FashionSource:Getty 13 of 13
Source: Love B Scott
Lena Waithe & Wife Split, Reports Say Due to Lena’s Cheating was originally published on magicbaltimore.com