The Prince George County Police Department is asking for the local public’s assistance in locating missing 65 year old Daniel Dehaven out of the Beltsville, Maryland area.
Daniel was last seen on January 2, 2018 at approximately 11:30 am at a Costco in the 10900 block of Baltimore Avenue in Beltsville.
He was last seen wearing a black coat, blue jeans and a gray hat. Daniel did not have identification on him when he disappeared, police said. Prince George’s County Police said Daniel’s brother is extremely concerned about his welfare. Daniel suffers from dementia and is not able to communicate, police said. Police received a tip that he may have been sighted in downtown Silver Spring and searched the area without success. Montgomery County Police and several other area jurisdictions are assisting in the search for Daniel. “With current freezing temperatures, we have dedicated around-the-clock manpower to this active investigation, but so far we have been unable to locate him,” police said. Prince George’s County Police officers, detectives, K-9 units, the aviation unit, and additional law enforcement agencies searched for Daniel throughout the night. Residents and local businesses are asked to be on the lookout.
DANIEL IS DESCRIBED AS:
• GENDER: Male.
• ETHNICITY: White.
• EYES: Brown.
• HEIGHT: 5 feet 9 inches.
• WEIGHT: 175 pounds.
Key details regarding Daniel “Danny” DeHaven:
– Was last seen at the Beltsvile Costco Parking lot on Tuesday, Jan 2nd
– Physical appearance: 65 years old, height is 5′ 7”, weight is 175 pounds, has blue eyes and salt & pepper hair
– Has dementia and a speech impairment so he cannot verbally communicate.
– He also did not have any form of ID on him. However, he does respond to his name “Danny”.
– Was wearing a long, black coat, gray hat, and jeans (picture on the flyer). He was also wearing pajama bottoms, a brown cotton shirt, and a blue thermal Under Armour shirt underneath
– Now that it’s been a week since his disappearance, his physical appearance may have changed:
– Will have some facial hair by now
– May be wearing different clothing
– We have received a possible lead yesterday (tweeted by the PG County Police) that Danny might have been transported to the Gambrills area.
– Our requests from the public:
– We are in need of volunteers to help with the search. If you would like to join the search effort, we are meeting every day at 11:00 AM at the Beltsville Fire Station
– Please keep an eye out for anyone who meets the description above, especially in areas in which the homeless may congregate or clusters/groups of homeless people
– Send the word out to your friends, family, coworkers
– If you have any information (tips, leads, suggestions) or would like to receive updates, please contact us through the following communication mediums:
– Facebook: facebook.com/FindDannyDeHaven
– Email: email@example.com
– Website: bit.ly/FindDannyDeHaven
– If you find Danny, please contact the PGPD non-emergency dispatch number: 301 – 352 – 1200 or call 911
65 Year Old Suffering From Dementia Reported Missing was originally published on woldcnews.com