Being rich and famous has its perks.
You’re able to travel the world, see the most exotic places, taste the most succulent foods, and live a carefree life, right? Wrong. There are plenty of other elements to being rich. It’s more than the money, but a state of mind. So it’s no wonder why so many of the richest Black people on the planet have a healthy balance of staying true to themselves, and also using their mass fortunes to help out others.
Take Aliko Dangote (pictured below) for instance, one of the richest businessmen on the planet. In August, the billionaire inked a deal with a Chinese state-owned engineering company to build cement factories run by Dangote. These factories are set to bring thousands of jobs to Africa’s economy, the BBC News reports:
Mr Dangote’s company also produces food, fertilizer and is investing in oil refineries.
Africa’s economies have been hit hard by the fall in commodity prices but many are seeing a boom in infrastructure, for which cement is vital.
Businessmen like Dangote, as well as people like Oprah, Sean “Diddy” Combs, and Russell Simmons, have made power moves that inspire many. Take a look at the gallery below for the richest Black people on the planet, and heed their advice on living a positive and richer life.
SOURCE: BBC News | PHOTO CREDIT: Instagram
Don’t Miss Our Hottest Stories! Get The NewsOne Flip App for iPhone: Flip, Skip — Or Send Us a Tip!
The Best Advice From Some Of The Richest Black People In The World
1. Serena Williams, Athlete & Businesswoman | Net Worth: $100 MillionSource:Getty 1 of 10
2. Janice Bryant Howroyd, Founder of Employment Agency ACT-1 Group | Net Worth: $250 MillionSource:Getty 2 of 10
3. Cathy Hughes, Founder Of RadioOne & TVOne | Net Worth: $300 millionSource:Radio One 3 of 10
4. Russell Simmons, Businessman & Activist| Net Worth: $325 millionSource:Getty 4 of 10
5. Robert "Bob" Johnson, Founder of BET | Net Worth: $550 millionSource:Getty 5 of 10
6. Sean "Puff Daddy" Combs: Businessman | Net Worth: $735 MillionSource:Getty 6 of 10
7. Michael Jordan, Athlete & Businessman | Net Worth: $1 BillionSource:Getty 7 of 10
8. Folorunsho Alakija, Nigerian Businesswoman | Net Worth: $2 BillionSource:Getty 8 of 10
9. Oprah Winfrey, Businesswoman & Philanthropist | Net Worth: $3 BillionSource:Getty 9 of 10
10. Aliko Dangote, Billionaire African Entrepreneur | Net Worth: US $18.3 BillionSource:Getty 10 of 10
Think Big: Here’s The Best Advice From Some Of The Richest Black People In The World was originally published on newsone.com