The loveable Muppets – who made it work despite their different species – were together for a considerable amount of unknown years.
From Miss Piggy’s Facebook:
After careful thought, thoughtful consideration and considerable squabbling, Kermit the Frog and moi have made the difficult decision to terminate our romantic relationship. We will continue to work together on television (“The Muppets”/Tuesdays 8pm this fall on ABC) and in all media now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, throughout the universe. However, our personal lives are now distinct and separate, and we will be seeing other people, pigs, frogs, et al. This is our only comment on this private matter… unless we get the right offer. Thank you for your understanding.
Could this just be a transparent PR ploy to plug the new Muppets show? If so, it’s cruel. Stop messing with our hearts, celebrities (and puppets).
The Muppets airs Tuesdays at 8 p.m. ET beginning Sept. 22 on ABC.
#LoveLost: The Most Heartbreaking Celebrity Splits Of 2015
1. Miranda Lambert and Blake SheltonSource:Splash News 1 of 13
2. Rita Ora and Ricky HilfigerSource:Getty 2 of 13
3. Ben Affleck and Jennifer GarnerSource:Getty 3 of 13
4. Michael Sam and Vito CammisanoSource:Getty 4 of 13
5. Nick Jonas and Olivia CulpoSource:Getty 5 of 13
6. Scott Disick and Kourtney KardashianSource:Splash News 6 of 13
7. Miley Cyrus and Patrick SchwarzeneggerSource:Splash News 7 of 13
8. Tiger Woods and Lindsay VonnSource:Getty 8 of 13
9. Glory Johnson and Brittney GrinerSource:Getty 9 of 13
10. Orlando Scandrick and Draya MicheleSource:Getty 10 of 13
11. Khloe Kardashian and French MontanaSource:Getty 11 of 13
12. Ariana Grande and Big SeanSource:Getty 12 of 13
13. Zayn Malik and One DirectionSource:Getty 13 of 13
SUMMERTIME SADNESS: Kermit & Miss Piggy Confirm Split! was originally published on globalgrind.com