Former NBA player and reality TV star Lamar Odom is not having an easy time of it these days. Last week, his longtime friend, Jamie Sangothai, who starred with him on the E! reality show Khloe And Lamar died of a flesh-eating bacteria as a result of his intravenous drug use. Saturday, another of Odom’s close friends, screenwriter Bobby Heyward, 30, was found dead.
While the cause of death has not yet been officially determined, a source tells PEOPLE that Heyward – the second friend Lamar Odom has lost in as many weeks – had a history of prescription drug abuse and previously checked into rehab.
Talk surrounding the circumstances of Heyward’s death was spurred by an a report claiming Heyward died of a drug overdose, and the coroner tells PEOPLE that a prescription drug overdose is possible – though toxicology tests are still pending at this time.
News of Heyward’s death comes after another of Odom’s best friends, Jamie Sangouthai, died June 14 from a flesh-eating disease that resulted from hisintravenous drug use, according to L.A. Coroner’s office assistant chief Ed Winter.
In a sad twist, Heyward’s last Instagram post was in memory of Sangouthai: “#RIP To my big brother Jamie who always brought light into any room he walked into and laughter as well at all times J you will always be missed. Family for life. #BandOfBrothers #tbt”
Lamar Odom Loses Second Friend In Two Weeks; Overdose Suspected was originally published on blackamericaweb.com