Lennon Lacy is a Bladenboro, North Carolina teen who was found hanged from the frame of a swing set in the middle of a mobile home community. Lacy’s death has been ruled a suicide, even though all signs point to foul play and Lacy’s mother, Claudia Lacy believes her son was lynched.
On the night of August 28, 2014, Lacy left his home for an evening walk around 10:30 p.m. Before he left, his family says that he packed a gym bag, washed his ankle brace and hung it to dry on the clothesline. Because of his asthma, Lacy’s doctor suggested he go outside to exercise when the temperature and humidity drops. That’s the last time his family saw him alive. Lacy was found hanging just before 7:30 a.m. the next morning. According to medical documents, Lacy’s body was covered in fire ants.
Immediately, Lacy’s mother knew something wasn’t right. “He didn’t do this to himself,” Lacy told CNN. But Claudia says the local and state investigators have done nothing to prove nor explain what happened to her son, which has caused Claudia to understandingly lose faith in the police and the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation. The 17-year-old’s death is surrounded by mystery. Claudia Lacy is not alone in suspecting that her son was lynched. Here’s the holes in the story authorities are trying to tell about Lennon Lacy, which just so happen to be the biggest questions about the tragic case.
1. How is this hanging suicide?
“It is implausible for Lennon to have been able to act alone in hanging himself,” Dr. Christena Roberts, an independent pathologist hired by Lennon’s family, found. Lennon was 5-foot-9. The crossbar of the swing set frame he was found hanging from was 7-foot-6, according to the NAACP review. With no swings or anything at the scene on which he could have climbed, according to the review, it’s unclear how Lennon reached the top. Basic physics–you need something to stand on to hang yourself. Without that, there’s no way possible to hang yourself and that particular swing set was only a frame. “His size, his stature does not add up to him being capable of constructing all of this alone – in the dark,” Lennon’s brother says.
And furthermore, Claudia says she told investigators that the belts used to fashion the noose did not belong to Lennon. So the night Lacy died, he left his home with belts that didn’t belong to him in order to hang himself?
2. What the heck is up with the 911 caller?
According to the 911 recording and the initial police report, a 52-year-old woman got the 207-pound teen down, while she was on the phone with an emergency dispatcher. How and how? I am 30-years-old and I’d never be able to get down a man of Lacy’s size by myself. Also with the two belts that were fashioned together to make a noose–North Carolina’s Chief Medical Examiner Dr. Deborah Radisch thought that “some portion must be missing because there was no secondary cut in either belt. The cut would have been necessary to bring down Lennon’s body,” according to the review.
3. Why wasn’t Lennon Lacy wearing his own shoes at the time of his death?
Lennon was last seen wearing a new pair of size 12 Air Jordans. At the time of his death, he was wearing a dirty pair of 10.5 Nike Air Force Ones. “He’s going to walk a quarter mile from his house in a pair of shoes that’s two sizes too small after he takes off his new pair of shoes – and this is a 17-year-old black kid with a brand new pair of Jordan’s on. He’s going to take those Jordan’s off and just get rid of them and put on some shoes that’s not his — we don’t know where he got them from, no laces in them — and continue to walk down this dirt road late at night to a swing set in the middle of the trailer park and hang himself,” Claudia says.
4. Why was Lacy’s 32-year-old girlfriend in hiding after his hanging?
It was widely known that Lacy had a 32-year-old White girlfriend named Michelle Brimhall. Friends and family of Lacy’s claim that Brimhall had a crack habit. “Someone killed him ‘cause he was dating an older white woman,” Justin Jones, 17, a friend of Lacy. While Brimhall is not considered a suspect in the case, loved ones of Lacy believe she knows what really happened. Jones also said, “I said, ‘You need to leave her alone, she’s bad news. He said, ‘I can’t. I got feelings for her.’”
Lennon’s brother, Pierre Lacy, told the newspaper that his brother had been called the n-word and threatened by people who knew he was dating Brimhall. “She was seeing other people and prostituting herself to pay her bills and to afford her habit,” Pierre Lacy told the Daily News. “She would just get angry with him [Lennon] for questioning her.” It’s being reported that Brimhall turned to prostitution to pay for the habit.
5. Why is depression being trumped up as the reason behind Lennon Lacy’s death?
Depression has been listed as the cause of Lacy’s death. When asked by investigators, Claudia told them that they’d just lost a family member and notes were taken about said death–almost as if it can explain Lacy’s alleged and non-apparent suicide. Lennon was also distracted by his relationship with his girlfriend, but Claudia says her son was excited about playing in a high school football game the day he was found dead.
There’s way too many questionable moments in this case and there should be lost more investigations around it. There was obviously a rush in judgment and there needs to be clarity, if not for the family, then for the sake of the law. In the summary of the case, written the day Lennon was found, the local medical examiner asked “did he hang self? Will autopsy tell us?” Kinlaw also left the conclusion on the manner of death “pending.”
What do you think beauties? Sound off in the comments below.
#ICantBreathe: Protestors Demand Justice For Eric Garner
1. Eric Garner's Life Will Not Be Stolen In Vain1 of 31
2. Eric Garner Supporters Stop NYC's Busiest Commuters In Their Tracks2 of 31
3. Grand Central Station Die-In3 of 31
4. Protestors In NYC Demonstrating A Die-In4 of 31
5. Don't Shoot. I'm Black.5 of 31
6. Justice Denied6 of 31
7. Reverend Al Sharpton Marches7 of 31
8. Police Standoff With Protestors8 of 31
9. A Man Gets Gets Arrested While Protesting9 of 31
10. A Protestor Gets Arrested10 of 31
11. Ferguson Is Everywhere11 of 31
12. I Can't Breathe12 of 31
13. NYC Die-In13 of 31
14. I Might Be Next14 of 31
15. United We Stand15 of 31
16. NYC Protestors Run16 of 31
17. NYPD Officers Block Protestors17 of 31
18. Eric Garner Died Because Of Loose Cigarettes18 of 31
19. Grand Central Station Die-In19 of 31
20. White Man Chokes Himself For Eric Garner20 of 31
21. Demilitarize The Police21 of 31
22. Protestors Blocking An Intersection In Washington, D.C.22 of 31
23. Enough Is Enough23 of 31
24. Black Lives Matter24 of 31
25. Protestors Interrupt Commuters Trying To Get Home25 of 31
26. Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony Attended By Protestors26 of 31
27. Grand Central Station27 of 31
28. Teaching Our Children Their Lives Matter28 of 31
29. Tears For Eric Garner29 of 31
30. Black Lives Matter30 of 31
31. Philadelphia's Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony Attending By Eric Garner Supporters31 of 31
N.C. Teen’s Death Ruled A Suicide, Even Though All Evidence Points To A Lynching [VIDEO] was originally published on hellobeautiful.com