I’d like to start by giving all honor and glory to the Lord Thy God for how snatched Jill Scott is. Amen! Jilly from Philly took the stage at the 20th Annual Essence Music Festival and when I stopped focusing on her tight waistline and bodacious curves, I heard some of the most epic vocals I’ve ever had the pleasure to hear live.
After screaming “YASSSS” more times than I care to admit and losing my mind over her psychedelic pants, I beelined it backstage to the press room, praying that she would come in and give us all the sass that she gave last year. But then some magic happened and I was invited into a room where I would get a one on one with Jill! But there was a catch. I was only allowed to ask her one question. I racked my brain, trying to think of something to ask Jill that we didn’t already know.
Must Read: Jill Scott’s Tastiest & Sexiest Lyrics
When she walked in, with her vibrant smile that stops in your tracks, my mind went blank. It was a full circle moment. I’ve loved Jill Scott since she took us on that “long walk.” I admire this woman, and to get to meet her face to face, was staggering. My mind went blank and all that I could come up with was…
When was the last time you cried and why? Jill took a deep breath in, smiled that wonderful smile and said, “Hmm, let me think. You know what? The question wouldn’t be so hard if I didn’t do it so often. I cry often.”
Her statement shook me. It was beautiful to witness her be so vulnerable in the 58 seconds I stood shoulder-to-shoulder with her. “When I’m happy. I’m sad or overwhelmed, or tired…[laughs] I like to get stress off of me. Even if it’s joy-filled. I like to let it go. I like to be balanced, so sometimes I feel little overwhelmed in any particular emotion and I just let it out…or kickbox.”
Yes, I can certainly see the results of Jill’s kickboxing to relieve stress. Jill dropped an incredible 63 lbs and is looking great! With a snap of a quick photo and a kiss on the cheek, Jill looked at me and said, “Thanks boo,” and walked away. And in the words of Lil’ Wayne, “I hate to see her go, but love to watch her leave.”
Check Out This Gallery Of The Beautiful Jill Scott!
Style Stalking: See Jill Scott's Best Looks
1. Style Stalking: 43 & Fabulous, See Jill Scott's Best LooksSource: 1 of 9
2. Jill Scott In Concert - New York, NYSource: 2 of 9
3. Jill Scott WOMAN Album Preview & Live PerformanceSource: 3 of 9
4. Jill Scott's 'Real Thing' Cocktail ReceptionSource: 4 of 9
5. Jill Scott performs during the BET's 'Love and Happiness: A Musical Experience'Source: 5 of 9
6. Jill Scott attends the 2015 Black Girls Rock Awards ShowSource:Getty Images/Gilbert Carrasquillo 6 of 9
7. Singer Jill Scott attends the 2016 Soul TrainSource: 7 of 9
8. 2015 Soul Train Music AwardsSource: 8 of 9
9. Jill Scott PerformingSource: 9 of 9
Jill Scott Reveals She Cries More Than You Know: ‘I Like To Get Stress Off Of Me’ [EXCLUSIVE] was originally published on hellobeautiful.com