Federal Government closed
DC Government closed
Prince George’s County Public Schools closed
Anne Arundel County Public Schools closed
Charles County Public Schools closed
Montgomery County Schools closed
Howard County Schools closed
Metro bus and train service suspended tomorrow. There will be no metro access
DC declared state of emergency starting 7am. Cars will be ticketed and towed from emergency routes
Dominion Virginia Power
Call 1-866-DOM-HELP (1-866-366-4357)
Security Operations Center 202-473-3333
World Bank 202-458-8888
Before winter approaches, add the following supplies to your emergency kit:
· Rock salt or more environmentally safe products to melt ice on walkways. Visit the Environmental Protection Agency for a complete list of recommended products.
· Sand to improve traction.
· Snow shovels and other snow removal equipment.
· Sufficient heating fuel. You may become isolated in your home and regular fuel sources may be cut off. Store a good supply of dry, seasoned wood for your fireplace or wood-burning stove.
· Adequate clothing and blankets to keep you warm.
Avoid overexertion when shoveling snow. Overexertion can bring on a heart attack – a major cause of death in the winter. If you must shovel snow, stretch before going outside.
Keep dry. Change wet clothing frequently to prevent a loss of body heat. Wet clothing loses all of its insulating value and transmits heat rapidly.
Watch for signs of frostbite. These include loss of feeling and white or pale appearance in extremities such as fingers, toes, ear lobes, and the tip of the nose. If symptoms are detected, get medical help immediately.
Conserve fuel, if necessary, by keeping your residence cooler than normal. Temporarily close off heat to some rooms.