Maternal & Child Health
At Laurel Regional Hospital’s Maternity Center, we have been helping families grow since 1989. It is reassuring to know that while resting comfortably in our attractive, home-like setting, we have a highly trained staff, as well as the latest technology and equipment, to help you and your baby. We offer:
- Labor support
- Fetal monitoring and neonatal care systems
- Caesarean delivery room
- Special Care Nursery
- 24-hour physician coverage for obstetrics, anesthesia, and nursery services
- A pediatrician on duty at all times should your new baby experience any problems
- Lactation consultant
Special Care Nursery
Our Special Care Nursery meets the needs of premature infants and newborns-at-risk. An experienced medical and nursing team, sophisticated monitors, and advanced technology provide specialized, split-second response to infants in distress.
Maternity Center Community Education Classes
Prepared Childbirth Course—this six weekly, two-hour session class provides lectures, discussions, demonstrations, films, and exercises to prepare couples for changes that occur during pregnancy, as well as teach methods to assist with the labor and birth process. These sessions are designed to:
- Increase your knowledge of the birth process
- Teach Lamaze breathing and relaxation techniques
- Enhance your ability to make informed choices about your care
- Provide the emotional and social support of other pregnant couples
- Offer tours of the Unit
For more information, times, and costs, please call us at 301-497-7977 or 410-792-2270, ext. 77977
These classes are taught in accordance with the American Heart Association standards and are geared toward the general public. For more information, times, and costs, please call the Education Department at 301-497-7917 or 410-792-2270, ext. 77917.
To learn more about our Maternal and Child Health Services, call 301-497-7979.