Lauryn Hill has just pled guilty to intentionally failing to file several tax returns in the past decade. The ex-Fugees singer faces 3 years in prison for committing a federal offense.
According to TMZ, Hill pled guilty today to three counts of failure to file tax returns for the years 2005, 2006, and 2007,when she earned more than $1.8 million.
When the judge asked if Hill “intentionally and willingly” failed to file the returns, she replied, “Yes.”
In addition to the 3 years behind bars, Hill could be smacked with $75,000 in fines.
She was released on $150,000 bail and sentencing hearing is set for November.
Like us on Facebook!
- Whitney Houston’s Final Video ‘Celebrate’
- George Clinton and Michael Hampton Jam in D.C.
- R. Kelly Draws Inspiration From His Amazing Soul Train Awards Performance [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- The D.E.A.R. “Community” Book Drive
- Thousands of children to receive meals at 114 locations
Lauryn Hill Pleads Guilty To Tax Evasion, Faces Jail Time was originally published on hellobeautiful.com