Oprah Winfrey has reportedly been demoted at her OWN Network. OWN, which never quite achieved the success Oprah and all of America envisioned, seems to be scrambling to turn things around and in so doing, may have replaced the talk show queen.
Sources report that Winfrey has been “stripped of executive powers at her struggling OWN network. The media mogul was reduced to tears when her chief financial backer decided to curtail her control over the network she had worked her fingers to the bone to launch, say sources.”
Like us on Facebook!
Winfrey reportedly retains the CEO title, but, according to The Enquirer, “it’s in name only, revealed an insider.” Discovery Communications, which co-owns the Oprah Winfrey Network, pulled the plug on Winfrey’s executive power, with the insider squealing, “They now realize that she was too inexperienced to run the network. So she was stripped of her power. She’s no longer in a position to make executive decisions or hire staff without consulting top Discovery executive first.”
We’re sure Oprah will bounce back! What do you think? Should Oprah retire?
- Nas Puts Kelis’s Wedding Dress On Cover Of “Life Is Good” [PHOTO]
- From the WTH Files: Zimmerman Donations Spike Since Bond Revoked [VIDEO]
- Why Won’t Miami Hotels Allow Evelyn Lozada To Get Married?
- Lil Kim Bashes Nicki Minaj For Teaming Up With Foxy Brown
- Funk Master Flex Disses Nicki Minaj For Backing Out Of Summer Jam [VIDEO]