VIA THE ARUGULA FILES:
Recently, I’ve been heading to the market on Saturday, which means I have visit the farmers at 14th and U Street (instead of Dupont Circle). I like it. Here are six reasons why you would like it too.
1. Prices at 14th and U are, on average, cheaper than the Dupont market.
2. No one steps on my toes or hordes the samples.
3. The farmer’s grow different things. Like these Italian plums, for example.
4. Great local vendors, including The Copper Pot Food Company and Keswick Creamery (cutest cows I’ve ever seen).
5. Don’t worry, they have peaches too.
6. The market supports nonprofits in the neighborhood, like Martha’s Table.