UPDATE: 6:55 PM, 6/8/2023
Legendary actor John Amos is speaking out against claims that he is a victim of elder abuse and fighting for his life, as said by his daughter.
TMZ initially reported that Shannon Amos received a call from her father last month, informing her that he was hospitalized in Memphis. Shannon, who was overseas then, contacted John on FaceTime before his pain became unbearable.
In the last few weeks, she claimed that the family learned that the 83-year-old Hollywood legend “had fallen victim to elder abuse and financial exploitation.”
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Shannon said that “His home had been violated, stripped of anything valuable,” and that the family was working with the Colorado Bureau of Investigations and local authorities to investigate. Furthermore, she set up a GoFundMe with a goal of $500K, which she claimed would go to help cover John’s medical bills, aftercare, and legal fees.
After the initial story was posted, TMZ reached out to John himself, and he said that his daughter lied about the whole thing.
He told the media outlet that no one is abusing him and that he hasn’t been fighting for his life. He also says he has no idea why Shannon started the GoFundMe.
The actor’s rep, Belinda Foster, also chimed in, saying that he was in the hospital because his lower body was filling with fluid, causing issues with his heart. The good news, according to Foster, is that doctors have been able to drain all the fluid. As of recently, John is starting to feel 100%.
- Dante Bowe Explains Why He Left Maverick City Music & Switch From Gospel to R&B
- Ashanti And Her Gorgeous Curves Are On Vacation Again. See Her Stunning White Bikini
- Congrats! Chanel Iman Welcomes A Baby Girl With Fiancé Davon Godchaux
- ‘The Topic Of Plastic Surgery Should Be Mute’: Shereé Whitfield Talks Real Housewives, Love, Fashion, And Family
- Giving Sha’Carri Richardson Her Flowers: The Rise Of Track & Field’s New Queen
- What Happened To Sergio Brown?: Ex-NFL Player Missing After Mother’s Homicide
- Blac Chyna Celebrates 1 Year Sober On ‘The Tamron Hall Show’
- Irish Grinstead Of The 90s Group 702 Has Passed Away At Age 43
- Teyana Taylor Confirms Separation from Iman Shumpert
- Rest in Peace: Irish Grinstead of 90’s Group 702 Passes Away at Age 43
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Content in Your Inbox:
[UPDATE] John Amos: Hospitalization Reveals Elder Abuse, Says Daughter was originally published on foxync.com
Jeezy Files For Divorce From Jeannie Mai
Ex-NBA Player Brandon Hunter Dead At 42 After Reportedly Collapsing At Hot Yoga
Everyone’s Calling It Quits (Again): Astrology May Have Contributed To The Recent Wave Of Hollywood Breakups
Wind Down Thursdays: September 14th with “MMY & Friends” [Free Parking]
The Russ Parr Morning Show
16 Most Unconventional Celebrity Baby Names Ever
Lionel Richie Blasts Diana Ross for Declining Him: “She’s over there singing ‘Happy Birthday’ to Beyoncé”
Love And R&B with Ralph Tresvant