Whole Foods Market has apologized to a woman from Silver Spring who claims she was treated unfairly because she wore a hijab. Buhite Al-Jabry just finished paying for groceries at her neighborhood Whole Foods in Silver Spring Monday evening when she was singled out by a security guard who accused her of stealing.
Text “DCnews” to 52140 For Local & Exclusive News Sent Directly To You!
Al-Jabry gave the security guard the receipt with the intention of him doing his job, just like if you shop at Costco. Although he had the receipt in his hand, the guard kept insisting that she did not scan the items. The security guard caused a scene at the grocery store when he began yelling at her in front of people.
Al-Jabry claimed she called for assistance and that another employee confirmed she had not stolen anything. The employee stated that she was targeted because of her attire. Despite being a frequent customer, Al-Janet stated that she will not return to the store.
RELATED: 6 Important Things To Know About Ramadan
The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) is urging Whole Foods to release security footage and conduct a thorough investigation. They also want Whole Foods to provide cultural competency training to its employees.
READ MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- New Maryland Law Prohibits Police From Using Weed Odor As Cause For Search
- Bowie State University Grad Student’s Class Project Turns Into Maryland State Law
- Dr. Rosie Milligan, Dr. Baruch Ben-Yehudah, Brother Sadiki Kambom & Brother Obie l The Carl Nelson Show
- 11-Year-Old Arrested For Gun-Related Crimes In NW DC In Less Than A Week
- Coppin State University Opens On-Campus Food Pantry For Students
- Mayor Bowser Proposes Tougher Gun Penalties & More Pretrial Detention In New Legislation
- Where to? Top 20 Summer Travel Destinations for 2023 Unveiled
- Morgan State To Expand Off-Campus Housing With Multi-Family Apartment Building
- Washington Commanders 2023 Schedule: How Many Wins Will They Get?
- Teen Girl Dead After Shooting In District Heights
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Content in Your Inbox:
Silver Spring Whole Foods Apologizes To Woman Who Felt Discriminated Against was originally published on woldcnews.com
Iconic Singer Tina Turner Dead at 83
DC Young Fly’s Partner, Jacky Oh Passed Away During Surgery
Plastic Surgeon Linked To Jacky Oh Is ‘Liposuction & BBL Specialist’ With Negative Online Reviews
Eva Marcille Granted Full Custody Of Daughter After Alleged Physical Altercation With Kevin McCall
1972: Aretha Franklin Makes History With ‘Amazing Grace’ | Black Music Month
The Russ Parr Morning Show
The Best Dressed At ‘Wakanda Meets Coming To America Night’ On The Tom Joyner Foundation Fantastic Voyage
Tina Turner Photos Through The Years: A Legacy Never Forgotten