The mother of Nicole Brown Simpson — the ex-wife of O.J. Simpson who was killed in a murder that he was infamously acquitted of more than 25 years ago — has died, the former football star-turned actor-turned commercial pitchman said in a video he tweeted Sunday night. Simpson said Juditha Brown died Sunday.
Simpson made the announcement during a video that began with his camera trained on a photo of him and some of his football teammates, many of whom he said had died. That led him to talk about Juditha Brown’s death.
“Today I lost someone that was incredibly special to me,” Simpson said. “Her name was Juditha Brown, the mother of Nicole Brown.”
He did not say what was the cause of her death.
Simpson described a mutual, close relationship between the two “no matter what the situation was.” He called her “a kind and considerate person” who was always there to help him, even as a single father “trying to raise two kids by myself.”
Simpson said he was grateful his children got a chance to see Juditha Brown this weekend before she died.
“God bless her family,” Simpson said before adding later: “The world lost a special person. We all did.”
Watch the video below.
The details of the relationship shared between Simpson and Juditha Brown up until her death were not widely known. The Detroit Free-Press reported in June that Nicole’s youngest sister, Tanya, said the murder trial is still “especially hard” for her mother.
For those who may not be old enough to remember, Simpson’s ex-wife and her friend Ron Goldman were both found dead from multiple stab wounds at her southern California home on June 12, 1994. Five days later, Simpson caught the country’s attention by leading police on a slow, lengthy car chase that many found incriminating before he was arrested and taken into custody as the prime suspect for the killings.
He was ultimately charged with both murders before being acquitted on Oct. 3, 1995.
The Los Angeles Times described in a 1996 report how Juditha Brown during the trial believed Simpson murdered her daughter. While testifying against Simpson, she was “throwing him hard glances as she described him as nervous, upset and so angry he stared right through her when they met a few hours before Nicole Brown Simpson was killed.” She told jurors that “when she asked O.J. Simpson whether he had anything to do with her daughter’s death, he refused to answer the question directly.”
However, one of Simpson’s defense attorneys “played a snippet of a television interview in which Brown says that Simpson had in fact answered her question ‘No,’ then went on to tell her, ‘I loved your daughter.’ After watching the video, Brown agreed that her testimony on the witness stand had been inaccurate.”
According to Simpson’s video eulogy, the two went on to have a good relationship.
28 Photos Of O.J. Simpson And The Key Players In His Murder Trial
1. O.J. seen talking to his lawyers Robert Shapiro, Johnnie Cochran, and Robert Kardashian during a trial date.Source: 1 of 28
2. The late Robert Kardashian defends his friend O.J. Simpson in court.Source: 2 of 28
3. O.J. Simpson and his ex-wife Nicole Brown in seemingly happier times.Source: 3 of 28
4. AI Cowlings, the friend who drove O.J. during his infamous Bronco chase.Source: 4 of 28
5. Judge Lance Ito listens to defense motions to exclude Mark Fuhrman’s testimony and the prosecutions’ response to retain the information 11 September during a court hearing in the O.J. Simpson murder trail.Source: 5 of 28
6. O.J. x Johnnie Cochran.Source: 6 of 28
7. Deputy District Attorney Chris Darden asks Judge Lance Ito in the O.J.Simpson case 13 January to bar the defense from asking Los Angeles Police detective Mark Fuhrman if he ever uttered a racial epithet.Source: 7 of 28
8. Did O.J. do it?Source: 8 of 28
9. The scene around O.J.’s October 3rd trial date.Source: 9 of 28
10. O.J.’s sister spotted near the crime scene.Source: 10 of 28
11. The crowd cheers after hearing the verdict on October 3rd, 1995.Source: 11 of 28
12. A much earlier photo of O.J. and his good friend AI Cowlings, circa 1979.Source: 12 of 28
13. O.J. tries on a glove that was used in the murder of his ex-wife.Source: 13 of 28
14. O.J. Simpson and his ex-wife Nicole Brown in seemingly happier times.Source: 14 of 28
15. Deputy district attorney Marcia Clark is shown during testimony at the preliminary hearings.Source: 15 of 28
16. O.J. Simpson and his kids at Nicole Simpson’s funeral.Source: 16 of 28
17. Robert Shapiro reads O.J.’s damning letter to the press.Source: 17 of 28
18. O.J. Simpson with Nicole and the kids during happier times.Source: 18 of 28
19. Johnnie Cochran lays down the law, circa 1995.Source: 19 of 28
20. The Juice at his 1994-1995 murder trial.Source: 20 of 28
21. Robert Kardashian sits through trial.Source: 21 of 28
22. O.J. heading to court in his civil trial for the deaths of Nicole Brown and Ron Goldman.Source: 22 of 28
23. Robert Shapiro x O.J. Simpson.Source: 23 of 28
24. Robert Shapiro in 2015.Source: 24 of 28
25. O.J. Simpson leaving the courthouse after the civil trial that followed his murder trial.Source: 25 of 28
26. O.J. heads to the place he knows best, court.Source: 26 of 28
27. O.J. at an evidentiary hearing in 2013.Source: 27 of 28
28. O.J. at an evidentiary hearing in 2013.Source: 28 of 28
OJ Simpson Says Ex-Wife Nicole Brown Simpson’s Mother Has Died: ‘God Bless Her Family’ was originally published on newsone.com