Solange isn’t wasting any time when it comes to setting the record straight.
She recently sparked some romance rumors with fellow musician Common after the two seemed to be pictured together at the Lena Horne Prize for Artists Creating Social Impact inaugural celebration at Town Hall in New York last week. The image going around that features them side-by-side appears to be Photoshopped; Even though the two were both in attendance, they didn’t come together or take any photos.
As these rumors continued to spread online, Solange decided to take to Instagram to throw shade at anyone perpetuating the fake story. She posted a screenshot of the video for David G’s 2009 track titled, “Lying On Me.”
As if that wasn’t confirmation enough, the singer’s rep also issued a statement addressing the speculation more directly.
“Solange and Common are not seeing each other. Both artists attended the Lena Horne Prize event simply to honor Lena Horne’s Legacy,” read the statement, according to SOHH.
Back in November, Solange announced her separation from her husband of five years, Alan Ferguson, her husband of five years. Though many fans thought it seemed out of character for the songstress to address her personal life online, there were rumors surrounding their marriage for months, which many believe forced her to take to Instagram and set the record straight.
This article was originally posted on Bossip.com.
Solange’s Epic Hair Evolution [PHOTOS]
1. Young Solange donned micro braids with highlights back in 2002.Source: 1 of 17
2. Solo’s braids got a little shorter and a little more burgundy.Source: 2 of 17
3. Solange took a page out of Bey’s book and opted for a honey blonde look.Source: 3 of 17
4. Her side-swept bang was all the rage back in 2004.Source: 4 of 17
5. Solo went super long and blonde in 2004.Source: 5 of 17
6. Back to black in ’06.Source: 6 of 17
7. Solange went for a more sophisticated look with these bouncy curls.Source: 7 of 17
8. Sultry and Straight.Source: 8 of 17
9. Solo was bangin’ back in ’09.Source: 9 of 17
10. Started from the bottom.Source: 10 of 17
11. Solange’s free spirit peaked with her new, short do.Source: 11 of 17
12. With the ‘fro, we get to see how gorgeous her face really is.Source: 12 of 17
13. Solo brought in 2013 with her reliable afro.Source: 13 of 17
14. She continued the year with even bigger hair.Source: 14 of 17
15. Flawless!Source: 15 of 17
Solange Finally Shuts Down Those Rumors She’s Dating Common was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com