This one’s for R&B lovers.
Nothing beats a good R&B song. Whether it’s smooth, upbeat, painful or just all of thee above with soul, when sang right, there’s this overwhelming feeling of… fulfillment. You know what I’m talking about. That little feeling in your chest when you can relate to a song? Music you can really feel? See, you know.
If you’ve been looking for some new tracks to add to your sing-a-long playlists, Mary J. Blige, Tamika Scott, Raphael Saadiq, Ashanti and BJ the Chicago Kid released new music this month that’s worth taking a listen.
Check them out below and let us know your thoughts!
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Mary J. Blige – “Know”
The Queen of hiphop soul did not come to play. Some of Mary J. Blige’s best songs were derived out of pain we’ve been able to apply lessons to and heal from. Here, she explains why.
Ashanti – “Pretty Little Thing” ft. Afro B
Tamika Scott (of Xscape) – “Almost Over”
Tamika Scott is preaching in her new inspirational single that encourages people to keep believing in the blessings that wait ahead.
Raphael Saadiq – “So Ready”
Hope you have your 2-step ready! Raphael Saadiq is working on his fifth solo album (his first since 2011) called Jimmy Lee and it sounds like it’s going to be pretty smooth!
BJ The Chicago Kid – “Time Today”
This BJ the Chicago Kid song isn’t new new, but the video and the album from which it was derived is! Watch:
Text “RICKEY” to 71007 to join the Rickey Smiley Morning Show mobile club for exclusive news. (Terms and conditions).
Singers Whose Voices Have Gotten Better…Or Worse
1. JoeSource: 1 of 16
2. K. MichelleSource: 2 of 16
3. Ray JSource: 3 of 16
4. SolangeSource: 4 of 16
5. Jill ScottSource: 5 of 16
6. Nicki MinajSource: 6 of 16
7. Jennifer HudsonSource: 7 of 16
8. JodeiciSource: 8 of 16
9. Tamar BraxtonSource: 9 of 16
10. Kelly RowlandSource: 10 of 16
11. Aretha FranklinSource: 11 of 16
12. Keke WyattSource: 12 of 16
13. Alicia KeysSource: 13 of 16
14. MonicaSource: 14 of 16
15. RihannaSource: 15 of 16
16. BeyonceSource: 16 of 16
ALSO TRENDING ON RICKEYSMILEYMORNINGSHOW.COM:
- Every Time Remy Ma & Papoose’s Baby Girl Shined Online [PHOTOS]
- Alabama Woman Tosses Hot Grease On Man Trying To Break Into Her House [PHOTO]
- Tiffany Haddish Told Regina Hall To Use Monistat Cream To Regrow Her Edges, And It Worked