Text “ERICA” to 52140 to join the Get Up! Mornings w/ Erica Campbell mobile club for exclusive news. (Terms and conditions).
Kanye West once again took some people on social media straight to church with his Sunday Service. The Bible states, “For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them,” and West made sure everyone could feel God’s presence within the music he played.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
According to Hot New Hip Hop, West was somewhere in the Hills to give the musical service outside with a huge band as well as choir. For previous services there haven’t been a lot of people watching, but this time around a guest list full of people made it to the service.
One of the performances West did was a rendition of Fred Hammond’s “This Is The Day” and used samples of the song.
Hammond even tweeted about saying, “#thisistheday I know I’m late but the nephew @ypj Told me about this but when I heard and seen it … um um um #kanyewest flipped it! Save the negative comments about this Luke 19:40“I tell you,” he replied, “if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out #choirmusicrocks.”
Donald Lawrence even spoke out about the event and praised West for what he was doing with this Sunday Service.
Some fans are speculating that West might be opening a church or possibly dropping a gospel album, but it’s unclear until the rapper speaks out about it. Tell us what your thoughts are on Kanye West’s “Sunday Service.”
Check out some interesting facts about Kanye West below!
ALSO TRENDING ON GETUPERICA.COM:
- Michael B. Jordan Launches Fellowship For Youth
- BET’s “Sunday Best” To Return To Television!
- Travis Malloy On Music: “Lord I Don’t Want To Write Another Song Unless It Comes From You”
40 Bizarre Kanye West Facts That Will Make Your Day
1. Kanye met No I.D. through Donda West, who worked with No I.D.’s mother as a teacher in Chicago.Source: 1 of 40
2. Donda convinced the 19-year-old No I.D. to meet 14-year-old Kanye and “teach him how to do music.”Source: 2 of 40
3. He lived in China for a year in the fifth grade.Source: 3 of 40
4. Of his time in a Chinese school, Kanye has said “I got A’s and B’s. And I’m not even frontin’.”Source: 4 of 40
5. Before he was signed, he would jump on tables during label meetings and scream, “I’m the next Michael Jackson!”Source: 5 of 40
6. He was arrested in 2000 for stealing printers from Office Max in a case of mistaken identity.Source: 6 of 40
7. At age 13 he wrote a song called “Green Eggs and Ham.”Source: 7 of 40
8. And he begged his mother to pay $25 per hour for studio time.Source: 8 of 40
9. He sold his first beat to Chicago rapper Gravity for $8,800.Source: 9 of 40
10. Then he used the $8,800 to buy Polo clothes and a Jesus Piece.Source: 10 of 40
11. Kanye claims he has synesthesia, meaning he can see sounds.Source: 11 of 40
12. Kanye studied English at Chicago State University before dropping out to focus on music.Source: 12 of 40
13. He once said, “I think I’m gonna move to London. Get a fake-ass British accent like Madonna.”Source: 13 of 40
14. Kanye personally asked Seth Rogen and James Franco to perform their spoof of “Bound 2” at his wedding to Kim.Source: 14 of 40
15. But it didn’t happen because they all agreed it was a silly idea.Source: 15 of 40
16. He once worked as a telemarketer to pay his mother $200 per month in rent, which she demanded.Source: 16 of 40
17. Kanye opened two Fatburger restaurants in Chicago through his company KW Foods LLC. Both locations have closed.Source: 17 of 40
18. He has claimed to “TiVo rap videos so I can study them. To learn what steps to take to crush them all.”Source: 18 of 40
19. He narrowly avoided another infamous rant when Common’s “They Say” was nominated for Best Rap/Sung Collab at the Grammy’s over “Heard ‘Em Say” and “Gold Digger.”Source: 19 of 40
20. But he apologized to Common when “Late Registration” beat “Be” for Best Rap Album that year.Source: 20 of 40
21. After the Taylor Swift incident, Mos Def visited Kanye’s home and told him to flee the U.S.Source: 21 of 40
22. Kanye took Mos Def’s advice, escaping to Japan, then Rome, before settling in Hawaii for six months to record “My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.”Source: 22 of 40
23. While recording MBDTF, he asked food delivery men for their opinions on the album when they stopped by his studio.Source: 23 of 40
24. He made Pusha T re-write his verse on “Runaway” four times. Each time, pushing Pusha T to get more angry.Source: 24 of 40
25. He used his own money to finance the “Glow in the Dark Tour” when Best Buy backed out of sponsoring it.Source: 25 of 40
26. He kept a tracklisting of Common’s “Be” in the studio to make sure his album was just as good.Source: 26 of 40
27. He made his first beat in the seventh grade.Source: 27 of 40
28. We know he’s from the Chi, but he was actually born in Atlanta.Source: 28 of 40
29. Thanks to hip-hop, we know that Blue Ivy was conceived in Paris, while North West was conceived in Florence. TMI?Source: 29 of 40
30. Initially, Chaka Khan refused to clear the sample for “Through The Wire.”Source: 30 of 40
31. Kanye brought Chaka’s son to a BBQ and played him the “Through The Wire” music video. Two weeks later, Chaka cleared the sample.Source: 31 of 40
32. Michael Jackson called Kanye to compliment the jacket he wore in the “Stronger” music video.Source: 32 of 40
33. He’s thought of becoming a male porn star “once or twice.”Source: 33 of 40
34. He invested two million dollars and over a year of work into creating his sophomore album.Source: 34 of 40
35. Kanye and Jay Z performed “N*ggas In Paris” 12 times in a row on one night in Paris.Source: 35 of 40
36. He refuses to work with Royce Da 5’9”.Source: 36 of 40
37. Kanye recorded “The College Dropout” in Los Angeles while recovering from his car accident in 2002.Source: 37 of 40
38. After the success of “College Dropout,” Kanye bought himself an 18th century aquarium with 30 koi fish.Source: 38 of 40
39. In 2008, he posted a nude picture of Kim to his blog as he dubbed her his “girl of the week.”Source: 39 of 40
40. Before Bey’s digital album, Kanye planned a theatrical release for all of the music videos from “Late Registration.”Source: 40 of 40
Kanye West Leads Another Sunday Service, Praised By Fred Hammond And Other Gospel Artists [VIDEO] was originally published on getuperica.com