At a party in February 2016, actor Terry Crews claims Hollywood agent Adam Venit groped his groin twice. In November of 2017, Crews filed a police report. TMZ reports, “The D.A. rejected a felony filing and sent the case to the City Attorney, who concluded the case was barred by the statute of limitations. The incident occurred in February 2016 and the statute for a misdemeanor is 1 year.” The site continued, “It appears the D.A. rejected a felony filing because the alleged conduct did not rise to the level of a felony. If the D.A. felt it was felony conduct she could have filed the case because a felony would have been within the statute of limitations.”
However, the statue of limitations is just one reason why the felony filing was rejected. The other reason? They admit Venit groped Crews, however, “Venit did not make contact with Terry’s skin when he allegedly grabbed his genitals, and also because Venit didn’t restrain Terry.” No contact with the skin? If Venit would have ripped through Crews’ clothes in public then charges would have been filed? Absolutely insane.
Crews also filed a civil lawsuit against WME and Adam Venit , but lawyers for WME are asking Crews take a mental health exam, which Terry Crews agreed to. According to TMZ, the exam will be a “comprehensive psycho-social and medical history and the administration of mental status testing and psychological testing.” How disturbing that the victim has to take a mental health exam, but the alleged predator doesn’t.
We hope Terry Crews’ career isn’t damaged by going public. We also hope he gets the same support and accolades of bravery that others have received for coming forward.
Crews has not commented on the D.A. rejecting the criminal filing.
In Memoriam: Notable Deaths In 2018
1. Joe Jackson, 89Source:Getty 1 of 24
2. XXXTentacion, 20Source:Getty 2 of 24
3. Neal Boyd, 42Source:Getty 3 of 24
4. Dorothy Cotton, 88Source:Getty 4 of 24
5. Jalal Mansur Nuriddin, 74Source:Getty 5 of 24
6. Dovey Johnson Roundtree, 1046 of 24
7. Velvalea Rodgers 'Vel' Phillips, 947 of 24
8. Doris Ward, 86Source:Getty 8 of 24
9. Yvonne Staples, 80Source:Getty 9 of 24
10. Cecil Taylor, 89Source:Getty 10 of 24
11. Donald McKayle, 87Source:Getty 11 of 24
12. Winnie Madikizela-Mandela, 81Source:Getty 12 of 24
13. Linda Brown, 76Source:Getty 13 of 24
14. Les Payne, 7614 of 24
15. Floyd J. Carter, Sr., 95Source:Getty 15 of 24
16. Ensa Cosby, 4416 of 24
17. Lerone Bennett Jr., 89Source:Getty 17 of 24
18. Reg E. CatheySource:Getty 18 of 24
19. Lovebug Starski, 57Source:Getty 19 of 24
20. Olivia Cole, 75Source:Getty 20 of 24
21. Wyatt Tee Walker, 88Source:Getty 21 of 24
22. Jesse 'Smiley' RutlandSource:WENN 22 of 24
23. Hugh Masekela, 78Source:Getty 23 of 24
24. Edwin Hawkins, 74Source:Getty 24 of 24
No Charges For The Agent Who Groped Terry Crews — And The Reason Is Bizarre was originally published on newsone.com