The loved ones of a 20-year-old Arizona mom are devastated after she was diagnosed with the flu and succumbed to the illness just one day later. Leaving behind two boys, 2-year-old A.J. and 6-month-old Jr., Alani “Joie” Murrieta‘s death was a complete shock to her family, as they all thought she would take the medicine she was prescribed and get better.
According to People, Murrieta was sent home from work on the Sunday after Thanksgiving because she was sick. The next day, her sister took her to urgent care where she was diagnosed with the flu. Murrieta was given an antiviral medication called Tamiflu. She went home to take it and rest, but her health deteriorated by the following morning.
The site goes on to say, “By the next morning, after spending much of the night coughing, she was having trouble breathing and spitting up a small amount of blood. Her family took her to Banner Estrella Medical Center where doctors ran tests and discovered her oxygen levels were dangerously low, and a scan that morning revealed Murrieta had developed pneumonia, an infection of the lungs. Doctors quickly gave her a dosage of intravenous antibiotics, but Murrieta passed out as fluid built up in her lungs. As staff tried to transport her to the ICU, Murrieta’s heart stopped, but doctors were able to resuscitate her. Just a short time later, her heart stopped for a second time as staff tried to place her on a ventilator.”
Doctors tried to revive Murrieta once more, but the family was eventually informed there was nothing more that could be done. Murrieta passed away at 3:25 p.m. on Nov. 28, one day after she was diagnosed. A friend tells People, “She was a beautiful person, she was caring and loving and always there for others. She was just a really good person.”
Our prayers are with Murrieta’s kids and loved ones at this time. Please visit their Go Fund Me page to donate to Murrieta’s funeral fund.
10 Celebrity Moms Celebrating Their First Mother's Day In 2016
1. Chrissy Tiegen gave birth to daughter Luna Simone Stephens with husband John Legend back on April 14, 2016Source:Instagram 1 of 9
2. Tyra Banks will celebrate her first Mother's Day this year after having son York via surrogate with boyfriend Erik Asla.Source:Instagram 2 of 9
3. Coco Austin gave birth to her first child, daughter Chanel Nicole Marrow in November 2015.Source:Instagram 3 of 9
4. After splitting with husband Brian Austin Green in 2015, Megan Fox debuted her third baby bump last month leaving fans wondering if her ex is the father.Source:Getty 4 of 9
5. Eva Mendes is already a mom to daughter Esmeralda. She and Ryan Gosling announced in April that they are expecting their second child together.Source:Getty 5 of 9
6. Teyana Taylor gave birth to daughter Iman Shumpert Jr. back in December 2015.Source:Instagram 6 of 9
7. Kerry Washington debuted baby bump number two at the 2016 MET Gala. She is already mom to two year old daughter Isabelle.Source:Instagram 7 of 9
8. 49-year-old Janet Jackson announced that she is expecting her first child with husband Wissam.Source:Getty 8 of 9
9. Rob Kardashian has confirmed that Blac Chyna is pregnant with his first child, and her second.Source:Getty 9 of 9