According to Page Six, the website caught up with the Oscar and Emmy-winning rapper and all he could do was gush over his Bae.
“I feel like I have a lot more work to do . . . I feel like I have to be more intelligent with the work and strategize more,” the rapper told us at the Root 100 gala, where Rye was honored last week.
“I have to listen more and go out and do more work. It is no time for sitting back, now. This is the time to stand up, more than anything.”
When asked which social justice causes mean the most to him, he pointed to his own hometown.
“I am from Chicago . . . there is so much violence going on.”
HelloBeautiful reported back in September that the two were seen cozy on the red carpet at the Creative Arts Emmy Awards, where the rapper took home a golden statue for his work on Ava Duvernay’s 13th documentary.
However, their relationship wasn’t confirmed until the Selma actor went on Bevy Smith’s SIRIUS radio show a few weeks later. Common, who is usually extremely private about his love life, opened up about his budding romance.
“There’s a definite connection with Angela Rye,” he shared.
“She’s a wonderful woman, I’m dating, I’m happy right now, and she’s an incredible human being.”
Who doesn’t just love this new WOKE power couple? They are everything!
19 Glorious Common Quotes To Live By
1. “Inside is where the fight lay/ And everything a nigga do may not be what he might say.” [“Be (Intro)”]Source: 1 of 13
2. “Never looking back or too far in front of me/ The present is a gift and I just want to be.” [“Be (Intro)”]Source: 2 of 13
3. “Asked my guy how he thought travellin the world sound/ Found it hard to imagine he hadn’t been past downtown.” [“Respiration”]Source: 3 of 13
4. “Hunger in they eyes is what seems to feed me.” [“The People”]Source: 4 of 13
5. “Nobody believe, until I believe me.” [“The People”]Source: 5 of 13
6. “I watched ‘Crash’ and realize that we all survivors/ No religion or race could ever describe us. [“Forever Begins”]Source: 6 of 13
7. “Playing on a field of hard times/ These struggles like the yard line/ that I gain from/ Nowhere is where I came from.” [“Any Given Sunday”]Source: 7 of 13
8. “How could I ever let your words affect me?” [“Get Em High”]Source: 8 of 13
9. “I’m trapped in myself/ See what happens with wealth/ At times you can lose yourself/ During the sunniest of days many superstars melt.” [“Any Given Sunday”]Source: 9 of 13
10. “In relationships, I stand my ground. For example, I like to go to church on New Year’s Eve—to spend that time with God. My ex would always want me to go somewhere with her instead, and when I did, I’d regret it. Now I’ll just say to a woman I’m dating, ‘I’m going to church—and I’ll meet you right after.’” [Interview, Oprah]Source: 10 of 13
11. “Nobody wants to live in a sad state in their lives and you can create your own dreams and your own happiness if you just work towards it and believe in it and make those choices that lead towards that.” [Interview, Ebony]Source: 11 of 13
#BlackLove! Common Says Angela Rye Inspires Him To ‘Do More Work’ was originally published on hellobeautiful.com