Reuters reports that a federal judge will hear arguments on Monday about whether to prevent Trump’s latest attempt to dismantle Obamacare.
According to the news outlet, Democratic attorneys general from 18 states plus the District of Columbia sued the federal government over Trump’s plan to halt payments that subsidize health care policies for people who cannot afford to pay for health insurance.
The plaintiffs will tell U.S. District Judge Vince Chhabria that Trump’s move would destabilize health insurance markets and increase the uninsured rate.
Democrats say that Trump has been sabotaging Obamacare since he came into office, as Republican lawmakers fail repeatedly to replace the health care law with something better.
In the last months of Obama’s presidency, the uninsured rate plummeted to a record low of 10.9 percent. It’s now at 12.3 percent under Trump.
The survey found that people who purchase their own health insurance policies, including those found on Obamacare exchanges, represent the largest segment of consumers who are now uninsured.
Chhabria is expected to announce his ruling shortly after hearing arguments, Reuters reported. However, the appeals process will likely drag out a final court decision on Trump’s cuts.
Good 'Ol Days: Barack Obama Was Nominated For President By The DNC 11 Years Ago
1. Barack Gives Daughter Malia a KissSource:Getty 1 of 14
2. Michelle and Barack tell the kids a storySource:Getty 2 of 14
3. Michelle and Barack KissSource:Getty 3 of 14
4. Michelle and BarackSource:Getty 4 of 14
5. Two TermsSource:Getty 5 of 14
6. Michelle and Barack Host a State DinnerSource:Getty 6 of 14
7. Barack Obama and Michelle ObamaSource:Getty 7 of 14
8. Flashback To The Old DaysSource:Pete Souza 8 of 14
9. Candidly AwesomeSource:Pete Souza 9 of 14
10. TV TimeSource:Pete Souza 10 of 14
11. Reading TimeSource:Pete Souza 11 of 14
12. Supporting MomSource:Pete Souza 12 of 14
13. 50th Anniversary Of March On SelmaSource:Pete Souza 13 of 14
14 of 14
"The future rewards those who press on. I don't have time to feel sorry for myself. I don't have time to complain. I'm going to press on."— BrooklynDad_Defiant! (@mmpadellan) February 18, 2019
-- President Barack Obama
Happy #PresidentsDay, Mr. President! We ❤️ you!@BarackObama pic.twitter.com/xhQEb4OG1U
Federal Judge Considers Halting Trump’s Latest Attempt To Dismantle Obamacare was originally published on newsone.com