In another incredibly blatant portrayal of xenophobia, President Donald Trump has announced that transgender people are banned from serving in the United States military.
On Wednesday morning, 45 took to his social media of choice to make the vile and embarrassing announcement that seeped through our timelines. In his tweets, he says the U.S. government “cannot be burdened with the tremendous medical costs and disruption” of having trans people in the military.
According to the National Center for Transgender Equality, it is estimated that over 134,000 American veterans are trans, and over 15,000 trans people are serving in the military today.
Politicians and citizens alike have taken to Twitter express their disappointment and concern.
What might be one of the most haunting things about this decision is that it falls on a monumental anniversary: President Truman signed an executive order desegregating the military almost 70 years ago.
Team CASSIUS can’t help but beg the question: How much more damage does this orange abomination have to inflict before he completely ruins the tiny bits of “progress” we’ve made?
Good 'Ol Days: Barack Obama Was Nominated For President By The DNC 11 Years Ago
1. Barack Gives Daughter Malia a KissSource:Getty 1 of 14
2. Michelle and Barack tell the kids a storySource:Getty 2 of 14
3. Michelle and Barack KissSource:Getty 3 of 14
4. Michelle and BarackSource:Getty 4 of 14
5. Two TermsSource:Getty 5 of 14
6. Michelle and Barack Host a State DinnerSource:Getty 6 of 14
7. Barack Obama and Michelle ObamaSource:Getty 7 of 14
8. Flashback To The Old DaysSource:Pete Souza 8 of 14
9. Candidly AwesomeSource:Pete Souza 9 of 14
10. TV TimeSource:Pete Souza 10 of 14
11. Reading TimeSource:Pete Souza 11 of 14
12. Supporting MomSource:Pete Souza 12 of 14
13. 50th Anniversary Of March On SelmaSource:Pete Souza 13 of 14
14.14 of 14
President Trump Bans Transgender People From The Military Service was originally published on newsone.com