During a Monday morning phone interview on Fox & Friends, Trump said the following:
“Like you, I see what I see. The coughing fit was a week ago so I assume that was pneumonia also…Something’s going on, but I just hope she gets well and gets back on the trail and we’ll be seeing her at the debate.”
Clinton and her campaign have long downplayed health rumors on the trail, but on Sunday, things came to a head when the candidate abruptly left a 9/11 memorial service.
Clinton exited the service after 90 minutes, with initial reports saying she felt “overheated.” The 80- weather was named the culprit for Clinton’s early departure. Her camp said she retreated to her daughter Chelsea’s apartment, and then left for Chappaqua, where she resides.
Witnesses who attended the service said Clinton appeared fine, but after a Twitter video emerged showing the candidate buckling at the knees before she entered her security van, the health rumors began to spread.
Around 5:30 p.m. on Sunday, Clinton’s doctor released a statement saying she was diagnosed with pneumonia on Friday and prescribed antibiotics. She was instructed to modify her traveling schedule to rest. Her doctor said she became dehydrated at the memorial service, but was later evaluated and given a good bill of health.
“Secretary Clinton has been experiencing a cough related to allergies. On Friday, during follow-up evaluation of her prolonged cough, she was diagnosed with pneumonia,” Dr. Lisa R. Bardack wrote in her statement.
Her campaign canceled travel plans to California, where she was scheduled to attend two private fundraisers and appear on The Ellen DeGeneres Show.
Clinton has battled rumors for months, including accusations from Donald Trump’s campaign regarding her health. Her medical records were released last summer shortly after she announced her bid for the presidency. The records stated she takes blood thinners and has an overactive thyroid, but is “in excellent physical condition and fit to serve as President of the United States.” Her doctor also said she was fully recovered from a 2012 concussion.
Clinton has continuously downplayed her health, even making a joke out of the accusations by opening a sealed pickle jar during an appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live!
Hillary Clinton's Pantsuit Evolution (PHOTOS)
1. Hillary Clinton's Pantsuit EvolutionSource:Getty 1 of 21
2. African Methodist Episcopal Baptist Church (1993)Source:Getty 2 of 21
3. United Foundry Methodist Church (1994)Source:Getty 3 of 21
4. The First Family (1994)Source:Getty 4 of 21
5. Foundry Methodist Church (1996)Source:Getty 5 of 21
6. White House (1998)Source:Getty 6 of 21
7. The Tonight Show (2000)Source:Getty 7 of 21
8. U.S. Open (2001)Source:Getty 8 of 21
9. Lower Manhattan Cultural Council Event (2005)Source:Getty 9 of 21
10. Campaigning at Drake University (2007)Source:Getty 10 of 21
11. Democratic National Convention (2008)Source:Getty 11 of 21
12. Rally in Raliegh (2008)Source:Getty 12 of 21
13. Rally at Don Haskins Arena at UTEP University (2008Source:Getty 13 of 21
14. Campaigning in Louisville, Kentucky (2016)Source:Getty 14 of 21
15. Campaigning in Bowling Green, Kentucky (2016)Source:Getty 15 of 21
16. NYC Gay Pride (2016)Source:Getty 16 of 21
17. Campaigning in Charlotte, North Carolina (2016)Source:Getty 17 of 21
18. Campaign Rally Portsmouth High School (2016)Source:Getty 18 of 21
19. Campaign Rally at the Florida International University Panther Arena (2016)Source:Getty 19 of 21
20. 2016 Democratic National Contention (2016)Source:Getty 20 of 21
21. Democratic National Contention (2016)Source:Getty 21 of 21
Donald Trump Wishes Hillary Clinton Well After Pneumonia Diagnosis was originally published on newsone.com