Firefighters are battling a 4-alarm fire at Tyler Perry Studios in southwest Atlanta. The cause of the fire is not currently known. According to Atlanta NBC affiliate 11 Alive, firefighters are still battling the four-alarm blaze.
“One building on the Tyler Perry Studio lot has, partially, collapsed due to fire damage,” Captain Jolyon Bundrige of the Atlanta Fire Department told 11 Alive.
According to the studio’s website, the 200,000 square-foot facility includes five sound stages and a 400-seat theater.
Perry himself was reportedly on the scene surveying the damage and has yet to comment on the fire.
We will keep you updated as this story develops.
New on Mymajicdc.com
- Make Up Artist to the stars, Kym Lee 10 of the top 30 essentials for those of us that are 30 and over!
- Obama: Marking Osama bin Laden’s Death Isn’t ‘Celebration’
- Would You Work In The New World Trade Center? [VIDEO]
- 9 YEAR OLD BOY OVERCOMES HIS FEAR OF STAGE FRIGHT.
- FIRST LOOK: Cedric The Entertainer Returns As R&B Singer-Gone-Preacher In “The Soul Man”
Like Majic 102.3 On Facebook!
Take a look at our Tyler Perry gallery below: