United States government officials finally admitted to the “Tuskegee Syphilis Experiment” on this day in 1972. Black men were used as guinea pigs to lean the long term effects (40 years) of untreated syphilis in humans. Participants were not told of the disease and were not given penicillin, the best treatment for the disease at the time, affecting their wives, children and women.
- Radio One Founder Cathy Hughes Honored By The Living Legends Foundation
- Summer Spirit Festival 2014
- 15 Dishes That Will Warm Your Belly And Restore Feeling To Your Extremities
- 50 Books Every Black Teen Should Read
- Find Out What Ridiculous Food Holiday Falls On Your Birthday
- 10 Ways Women Can Live Forever (Almost)